Anyone here work for Securian Financial??

rockandtrail

Greetings,

I received and offer from Securian Mid America and am very impressed with the company. I am a career changer and They appear to be a fantastic company and I really like the manager, staff, and other advisors. I like it they place an emphasis on insurance as well as the investment side and require me to have my 7, 66, and Insurance licenses before I begin. They also offer some startup salary assistance for the first couple of years.

That being said I am curious about their renewals on the insurance side? I was told the insurance renewals do not amount to much and when I sell my book to retire they are included in the sale as most of the insurance clients become investment clients also. The reason I ask is because I have also received an offer to work for New York Life and their insurance renewals are substantial I the long term. I like the group at New York Life too, but know I'd be captive and less able to do as much on the investment side.

This is going to be my last career and want to make the absolute best long term choice. I had a Series 7 over 20 years ago, am retiring from LE to do this until retirement. Thanks in advance for any input. I greatly appreciate it.

Back