Anyone in California Getting Client's Issued with MoO?

insurehound

Guru
100+ Post Club
Escondido
I had a the first of several clients that I had apply with Mutual of Omaha declined for coverage (husband and wife). In California, Mutual of Omaha pulled out of the market as of 6/30.

While declinations are common with LTCi, seems odd that both spouses were turned down so quickly. Perhaps Mutual of Omaha got out of the business a month or two ago but didn't tell us :)

Anyone in Cali getting their last-minute applicants issued?

I had a the first of several clients that I had apply with Mutual of Omaha declined for coverage (husband and wife). In California, Mutual of Omaha pulled out of the market as of 6/30.

While declinations are common with LTCi, seems odd that both spouses were turned down so quickly. Perhaps Mutual of Omaha got out of the business a month or two ago but didn't tell us :)

Anyone in Cali getting their last-minute applicants issued?

yes.

so far no surprise declines.

I just had one declined.

He had hepatitis B, Heart attack/angiplasty several years ago.

The underwriter told me he really couldn't tell what was going on from Dr. notes, they weren't legible.

He sent decline letter to client already. I called and talked to him and he said he would talk to on staff nurse about understanding the info on the APS better. Not sure if I still have a chance. Probably not, lol.

Kinda frustrating.

Insteresting side note:

I had an appointment with this couple 2 years ago. They would only meet in evening, which I don't prefer. They were late and I waited. When they arrive they grill me and I take no application.

I meet them again in the evening. They give me wrong address. I finally find them. They again grill me, especially the wife, who already has a LTC policy. I do take application this time. Mr. is very difficult to get info from.

Summary:

I still wish there was an easier way to get the process started of determining if they were an acceptable risk. Wasted over 5 hours of time (driving + presentation), months of waiting, for a decline.

Last edited:
MoO only offers LTC insurance in California through career agents now.

they do not offer LTC insurance in california through anyone now since they do not have a product approved for sale in california now.

I just had one declined.

I still wish there was an easier way to get the process started of determining if they were an acceptable risk. Wasted over 5 hours of time (driving + presentation), months of waiting, for a decline.
There is an easier way. Don't spend 5 hours. Stay in your office; complete application by telephone; and don't chase anyone. Cherry pick healthy smart intelligent and easy people to work with. Let the rest go. If someone wants to meet with you invite them to YOUR office.

There is an easier way. Don't spend 5 hours. Stay in your office; complete application by telephone; and don't chase anyone. Cherry pick healthy smart intelligent and easy people to work with. Let the rest go. If someone wants to meet with you invite them to YOUR office.

That does sound very good. I need to figure out how to make that work for me. You sound like you have a very nice system!

what a great idea.
i wish i'd thought of that.

Back