Anyone Know Anthing About Puritan Financial Group Inc.?

Flip

I've been in the insurance biz for about 3 years now. And I am just tired of trying to sell all these different products and being all things to all people. It was very overwhelming, and it took away from my time to sell and market.

So I checked out an IMO that pre-sets you about 10 appointments a week. And that is attractive, but the commissions they are offering seem very low. And I've seen some complaints on the organization on the internet at a few sites. I'm going to have to give up a couple contracts to try these guys out at a commission level that's far lower than what I had before.

Does anyone know about this group and the income potential before I commit my time and money and contracting to these people?

Thanks,

Flip

I've been in the insurance biz for about 3 years now. And I am just tired of trying to sell all these different products and being all things to all people. It was very overwhelming, and it took away from my time to sell and market.

So I checked out an IMO that pre-sets you about 10 appointments a week. And that is attractive, but the commissions they are offering seem very low. And I've seen some complaints on the organization on the internet at a few sites. I'm going to have to give up a couple contracts to try these guys out at a commission level that's far lower than what I had before.

Does anyone know about this group and the income potential before I commit my time and money and contracting to these people?

Thanks,

Flip

1. Get something in writing that they will release you; no questions asked when you are done.

2. You could be driving all over. Probably a 2 hour area in both directions. Means possibly 4 hours driving in a day without any "qualifying" of the appointment.

3. Get in writing that when you leave, you can deliver your policies in the "pipeline" or someone else can but you get full commission.

Last edited:
I hear you loud and clear. They are officially off the table.

Thanks,

Flip

Always check your sources. Why is the previous post being correlated to Puritan Financial when the posting is about Addison Ins./Gentry Group/Michael McIntyre which are separate companies and ownership? Matt McIntyre and Paul Crooks, own and head up Puritan Financial and are both credible, experienced business people. They
provide superior training and support while providing an opportunity for reps to be in front of existing clients of Puritan and have far more opportunity and credibility than cold calling etc. I worked with Matt McIntyre in the early nineties and am better for the experience. I don't work with Matt, or Puritan
currently, but I have had business dealings with Matt McIntyre and Paul Crooks over the years and found them honest and knowledgeable on all levels. I am surprised that postings like this are allowed to continue when the reference is Puritan
and here is a list of complaints and pleadings on a totally unrelated company, coupled with character assassination of Matt being the brother to Mike McIntyre. There is no business relationship between Matt McIntyre, Puritan and any of Mike McIntyre's entities. They are brothers who went their separate ways almost 20 years ago. I was part of a vetting process of Puritan Financial Group, and an expert witness for the Federal Government, in an acquisition of assets controled by the Federal Government selling to Puritan. Their practices and record passed muster with several Attorney Generals and other credible state and federal representatives in the mix.
The management of this discussion board should take note that the previous posting appears intentionally misleading and is irrelevant to the subject company. The writer of the posting appears to claim personal experience with the company, but he has advised you very poorly. It appears he saw the name McIntyre and assumed it was Michael. Puritan has no legal issues in the past and one can always find reps who make less of an opportunity than they could of and blame the company for their own lack of achievement while others take the same opportunity and move mountains.:no:

Last edited:
I worked for them in 2010. they sent me to homes 2 hours away and the main gaol was to find out how much money they had and move it to a crappy spwl or crappy annuity. stay far away from them. the office tell the client we are going to check signitures and dates on the trust, the next thing the senior knows is we are asking them to move their cd to a spwl....

I worked for them in 2010. they sent me to homes 2 hours away and the main gaol was to find out how much money they had and move it to a crappy spwl or crappy annuity. stay far away from them. the office tell the client we are going to check signitures and dates on the trust, the next thing the senior knows is we are asking them to move their cd to a spwl....

David, from reading your post it is clear that the opportunity that Puritan provides may not have been a not a good one for you. Trust funding and execution review work requires an in-depth knowledge of the broad spectrum financial issues at hand. It also requires a commitment to the work where driving two hours to see a client that may have changed banks or been merged from one bank to another, changed brokers or investments, received losses in the market causing a lowering of their risk tolerance in application to their long term asset portfolio, inherited assets and/or had familial changes is an opportunity worth driving for two hours for. You obviously were not comfortable enough with things to appreciate the opportunity and how to use the tools you had to benefit the client and create a win/win for both you and the client. I trust you have moved on to an opportunity more in keeping with your comfort zone. I wish you well.

Flip,

I say do your research; starting a forum is a great way to start checking into a company. I personally would stay far away from advice that supports the practices of a company that is accused of misrepresenting themselves to senior citizens. If the commissions are really low and if it seems too good to be true, it probably is.
We all have to work to make a living and the easy way out isn’t always the best way. If you are making a good, stable income now, consider reevaluating your role as an agent in the lives of the clients. Also consider limiting the number of products that you sale to the best products for the majority of your clients. The laundry list of other products could be on standby as alternative products that can be offered to the client.
Good luck

These guys are the worst...pretend to be born-again Christians when they are really still the same scumbags they claim they used to be before being "saved". They (management) have absolutely no respect for agents and will lie, cheat and steal to meet their quotas.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
P.S. I'd bet my last dollar that guys like tigibrad are home-office scumbags trying to keep the rats and the ship afloat...

Last edited:
I know this about them; they wasted an hour of my time this morning. I had sent these people a resume of my twenty something years experience in the insurance business. I spoke to a young sounding lady who seemed to speak real fast and had limited answers. After waiting an hour this morning, I called them to find out what the problem was and a woman said it had to do with the weather. Then a few minutes later I was told by the same one I spoke to the day before that the manager said they are not hiring in my state right now? Not even the courtesy of a phone call. What does that say about them?

Then a few minutes later I was told by the same one I spoke to the day before that the manager said they are not hiring in my state right now? Not even the courtesy of a phone call. What does that say about them?

It says a lot about them. Consider yourself extremely lucky though.

Back