Anyone know anything about American Classic Agency ?

Johnny180

Expert
I'm new to insurance sales and have come across a company called American Classic Agency. It kind of looks like a pyramid scheme type company, but I can't tell for sure. I don't know if it is typical of the structure in insurance sales or not. The guy I met with is doing really well and has been in the business about 2 1/2 years after early retirement form a non-sales type of career. They seem to have good training, some of it over the internet, other in person making calls with the manager who brings you in. I would appreciate feedback from anyone who knows anything about this outfit. They sell mortgage protection insurance, life, health, medicare supplement, annuities, etc. Help, anyone???

Thanks.

Johnny

Re: Anyone know anything about American Classic Agency???

NAA spinoff with a bunch of wannabe's

NAA is National Agents Aliance...You can look through the posts and find all the information you want on NAA and them some.:no::no::no:

NAA spinoff with a bunch of wannabe's

Why do you say that? I thought the founder came from outside the insurance biz.

It is my understanding that they specialize in generating mortgage lead appointments and concentrate on selling UL policies.

Most folks who start these kind of operations come from outside the industry. Art Williams was a football coach. So that is suppose to legitimize his organization?

There are at least 3 organizations that all have similar parentage. NAA, ACA and one other whose name escapes me. All came from A L Williams/Primerica.

The all operate the same. Generate leads internally through mass mailing. Recruit folks to come in, sell & build an organization beneath you. Charge you $500+ in start up fees plus $18+ per lead for rehashed leads. The manager for your area cherry picks leads and the rookies get crap. They start you off at 40 - 50% commission. As you sell & recruit you move up the ladder and earn overrides (less chargebacks of course). You are pushing a crap product that may stay on the books 6 months if you are lucky.

If they are pushing UL these days it is probably with another gimmick pitch that shows how you can pay off your mortgage in 10 years.

Still want to play?

Last edited:

Most folks who start these kind of operations come from outside the industry. Art Williams was a football coach. So that is suppose to legitimize his organization?

There are at least 3 organizations that all have similar parentage. NAA, ACA and one other whose name escapes me. All came from A L Williams/Primerica.

The all operate the same. Generate leads internally through mass mailing. Recruit folks to come in, sell & build an organization beneath you. Charge you $500+ in start up fees plus $18+ per lead for rehashed leads. The manager for your area cherry picks leads and the rookies get crap. They start you off at 40 - 50% commission. As you sell & recruit you move up the ladder and earn overrides (less chargebacks of course). You are pushing a crap product that may stay on the books 6 months if you are lucky.

If they are pushing UL these days it is probably with another gimmick pitch that shows how you can pay off your mortgage in 10 years.

Still want to play?

I was only contesting your incorrect information stating they were a "spin off" of NAA. That is why I mentioned the owner coming in from outside the insurance biz rather than NAA.

Having a similar business model or being in the same niche is NOT a "spin off" of a company. I have cut and pasted Wikipedia for you.

There was no need to be arrogant.

Per Wikipedia:

A spin-off (or spinoff) is a new organization or entity formed by a split from a larger one, such as a television series based on a pre-existing one, or as a new company formed from a university research group or business incubator. In literature, especially in milieu based popular fictional book series like mysteries, westerns, fantasy, or science fiction the term sub-series is generally used instead of spin-off, but with essentially the same meaning.

Spin-offs as a descriptive term can also include a dissenting faction of a membership organization, a sect of a cult, a denomination of a church. In business, a spin-off is essentially the opposite of a merger. In computing, a spin-off from a software project is often called a fork.

A spinoff-product, is a product deriving elements of design , branding or function from an existing product, but which is itself a new distinct product.

My apology is offered for using the term spinoff. The post was in haste and was technically incorrect. Thank you for pointing out this error.

A turd is still a turd no matter what you choose to call it.

I think this is what Somarco had in mind.

Copycat

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
For other uses of the word copycat, see Copycat (disambiguation) A copycat (also copy-cat or copy cat) is a person (or animal, or computer program) that mimics or repeats the behavior of another. The expression may derive from kittens that learned by imitating the behaviors of their mothers. It has been in use since at least 1896, in Sarah Orne Jewett's "The Country of the Pointed Firs". The term is often derogatory, suggesting a lack of originality.

:elvis:

Back