Anyone offering Dental to seniors?

sman

Guru
5000 Post Club
Are any of you offering dental coverage to seniors (not discount plans)? If so, with what carrier? I have many seniors ask about dental coverage, but I feel like you're just swapping dollars. It seems to me by the time you've paid your premiums, copays and whatever the dental plan doesn't pay (difference between charge and usual & customary), you would have spent the same amount if you had no coverage.

With that said, if the senior wants coverage and is willing to swap dollars, I'd love to know what carrier others are using.

Dental insurance doesn't exist. Insurance isn't insurance. We had Blue Cross group dental when I sold cars. My wife broke her front tooth in half and needed extensive work. Our dentist - who we've known for years, all but laughed when we presented our card. $4,000 later.......Our "insurance" covered next to nothing. Oh.....great for a free cleaning though.

Dental insurance doesn't exist. Insurance isn't insurance. We had Blue Cross group dental when I sold cars. My wife broke her front tooth in half and needed extensive work. Our dentist - who we've known for years, all but laughed when we presented our card. $4,000 later.......Our "insurance" covered next to nothing. Oh.....great for a free cleaning though.

That's my point exactly. It doesn't do much for major things in early years. So if you're just getting cleanings, I feel you're better off just paying out of pocket. By the time you get to where it does pay 50% for major procedures, you've paid 2 years of premiums and probably would have still been better off just paying out of pocket. I explain this everytime someone asks about dental. But I'm finding they still want "coverage". Just thought somebody might have a "decent" plan they offer. I've looked a Brokers National and a plan underwritten by Security Life. They seem ok, just hoping there is something better.

Pyramid/Senior Solutions has some kind of "Senior Dental" but I don't know anything about it.

Some MA plans include dental. I've mainly seen it in HMO's.

The [Pyramid plan stinks. Smile right plan is better, cost more too, commissions stink too.( well for me they would under my captive) I think it is through united security life or somthing like that. Sorry its late , im not thinkin straight, Ill double check when I get home. I am at the hospital with my wife and new born son izayah michael(pronounced isaiah) 7lbs 7 oz, and a beautiful cone head.

The [Pyramid plan stinks. Smile right plan is better, cost more too, commissions stink too.( well for me they would under my captive) I think it is through united security life or somthing like that. Sorry its late , im not thinkin straight, Ill double check when I get home. I am at the hospital with my wife and new born son izayah michael(pronounced isaiah) 7lbs 7 oz, and a beautiful cone head.

Congratulations!!

I don't think I'm ready to agree that dental insurance doesn't exist. But you do make a good point that often dental plans fail to pay the way we'd like when we need them the most. Most plans will only pay 50% for major services and usually cap their annual payout at $1,000 or $1,500, which you can reach in a hurry if you need some major work done.

Senior!!! It just occurred to me that your a new "papa" !!when we talked on the phone you told me about you and your wife expecting. Congrats and hope baby and "momma" are doing great.

P.S. baby and me got something in common , no uppers!!lol

Latest posts

Back