Anyone Recently Licensed in California?

anteater

Expert
I'll be taking my P&C test next week. I'm wondering how long it takes from the time you take the test to get your results and your license? Is it days, or weeks, a month?

I'll be taking my P&C test next week. I'm wondering how long it takes from the time you take the test to get your results and your license? Is it days, or weeks, a month?

You get your results as soon as you submit the test. Your actual license is issued once the fingerprints come back clean, which usually takes a week to 10 days.

Thanks! 10 days is not bad at all! Do they take your fingerprints right there at the time of the exam, or do you have to go somewhere else to get fingerprinted?

Thanks! 10 days is not bad at all! Do they take your fingerprints right there at the time of the exam, or do you have to go somewhere else to get fingerprinted?

They'll take them at the exam after you pass...atleast thats how they handled mine in San Diego. Good luck on your exam; the p&c was much tougher than the Life for me.

You can have your finger prints done at the testing center or before hand on your own. You can find the finger print vendors on the CA Insurance web site.

Thanks! I'm in San Diego too, so it's good to know that I don't have to make a separate trip to get fingerprinted.

Back