Anyone sell for a fraternal?

Chances are, these lists you are referring to are going to be just a piece of paper in your hand.

These are lists of people that already have insurance with the company. You could go and see them, maybe do an upsell, but don't count on it!

I've given agents lists in several states to work for CSA (another fraternal). What have we seen from it? NOTHING!!

These are usually going to consist of clients that bought a policy back in 1948 or something like that! It's not going to pan out to what you think it will, but hey, give it a try if you like.

Working the lists are not that big of a deal breaker but my biggest concern is the ongoing service work that is required for the members who will not buy but will take up my time as the servicing agent.

Yep, about like all those people who are going to start knocking at an agents door just because they got an insurance license. It could happen, but mostly, it just doesn't.

Working the lists are not that big of a deal breaker but my biggest concern is the ongoing service work that is required for the members who will not buy but will take up my time as the servicing agent.

What state are you in? I will service your book. You keep the first year commissions. Bene changes, Billing, claims, pissed off screaming clients etc... no problem.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Chances are, these lists you are referring to are going to be just a piece of paper in your hand.

These are lists of people that already have insurance with the company. You could go and see them, maybe do an upsell, but don't count on it!

I've given agents lists in several states to work for CSA (another fraternal). What have we seen from it? NOTHING!!

These are usually going to consist of clients that bought a policy back in 1948 or something like that! It's not going to pan out to what you think it will, but hey, give it a try if you like.

You should try one more.:1wink:

Last edited:
If you like that kind of life style, of being part of the k of c. Go for it. Reminded me of their promo tape. A day in the life of a Knight.

What state are you in? I will service your book. You keep the first year commissions. Bene changes, Billing, claims, pissed off screaming clients etc... no problem.

You should try one more.:1wink:

A list of existing clients is worthless to a new agent. The real value is to someone who is in it for the long haul, who can invest the initial time and energy to get a deferred payoff.

If you like that kind of life style, of being part of the k of c. Go for it. Reminded me of their promo tape. A day in the life of a Knight.

I'm Independent. I have not worked for any kind of agency for over twenty years. I just know how to work a book of business.
A list of existing clients is worthless to a new agent. The real value is to someone who is in it for the long haul, who can invest the initial time and energy to get a deferred payoff.

I agree that if that is all you are working it could be a drag. However, when I came into this business I was given an existing book to work. That is how I started. From there I spent a year working three Allstate agents books.

Working a book is easy. What seems hard to me is the idea of cold calling. Or the guys knocking on doors. That sounds hard to me. I think it comes down what we are used to.

Last edited:
Back