Anyone sell the new Allianz Annuity?

IsaacA

Expert
Hello.
I'm wondering if anyone has had any luck with Allianz Legacy by Design.
I haven't.
It seems like a good product on paper.
Just getting you agents to jump in has been difficult.
I want your thoughts. Pros? Cons?
Maybe you've sold millions and I just don't understand it.

Thanks,
Isaac

Kinda of. RMD gets taken out. 20% held for Tax. 25% Bump up on that amount for DB.
Worst case scenario you have your original principal for DB. Policy can grow based on indexes with the hope of a higher DB.
Pretty unique for the RMD space.
Assuming for client's who have a big problem with RMDs and don't want to track it so much.
Allianz does everything on their side.
I just haven't seen too much interest.
I thought I'd have a ton of interest.
It's very specific....RMD specific.

Kinda of. RMD gets taken out. 20% held for Tax. 25% Bump up on that amount for DB.
Worst case scenario you have your original principal for DB. Policy can grow based on indexes with the hope of a higher DB.
Pretty unique for the RMD space.
Assuming for client's who have a big problem with RMDs and don't want to track it so much.
I just haven't seen too much interest.
I thought I'd have a ton of interest.
It's very specific....RMD specific.
Sounds similar to Athene Benefit 10 that's been out for a pretty long time...not exactly the same but an RMD play that at least keeps you relatively whole (depending on age of purchase).

Sounds similar to Athene Benefit 10 that's been out for a pretty long time...not exactly the same but an RMD play that at least keeps you relatively whole (depending on age of purchase).

Exactly. Athene copied the 222, now Allianz has a knockoff of the Benefit 10.

Don't most companies have a form that can set up RMD's to go automatically ? If that is what you mean by tracking it ?

I've looked into the benefit 10 a bit and don't think they're the same product. I'm still not done with the research.

Don't most companies have a form that can set up RMD's to go automatically ? If that is what you mean by tracking it ?
Yes, most companies do have that.
But, this product puts the RMD in a separate annuity contract and allows it to grow based on the index.
That's what I mean by Allianz doing everything on their side.

Back