Anyone Specializing in Stand Alone Accidental Death?

SunnyDaze

Expert
Wondering if calling fire companies, roofing companies and other contractors, cycle clubs, etc., for UHL's ROP Accidental Death policy can work as a stay at home career?

I spoke with an assistant Fire Chief, who told me they had nothing like that, and to get him the info to present at a meeting. But then, UHL discontinued this plan in my state. I am licensed in other states.

I do get out and about, but my mobility is limited. I also think I prefer to call for this as opposed to other life insurance, at this time.

Does anyone have any constructive thoughts about this, please? I know I can do FE by phone and mailouts, but I like the Accidental Death better. Thanks.

(I do understand the commission schedule. I have no children, no debt, but I could use additional income. I can afford to work this, unless for some reason I am not noticing this is a stupid idea. That is what I am asking you here...is this a plausible plan?) And, are there other companies with policies like this?

Last edited:
You need to figure out if that policy would pay out, I dont do accidental life, but was told, for instance, if a cop has it, he is shot in the line of duty, that was considered a intentiol act and would NOT pay out.....

I have no clue, but the policies are so cheap, not sure how you could make any money, much less a career out of it

You need to figure out if that policy would pay out, I dont do accidental life, but was told, for instance, if a cop has it, he is shot in the line of duty, that was considered a intentiol act and would NOT pay out.....

I have no clue, but the policies are so cheap, not sure how you could make any money, much less a career out of it

Thanks, Red. I will check that, about paying out. And, I am thinking volume for the money, but as I mentioned, I need to determine if this is a plausible plan of action. I appreciate your response.

As Red said it is going to be hard to make any money doing that.

By the way most groups that offer health insurance can offer it with the health carrier. With companies like Aflac...most employers have been overwhelmed by people beating their door down offering plans like this so I can't see how offering just accidental death would go over well at all?

As Red said it is going to be hard to make any money doing that.

By the way most groups that offer health insurance can offer it with the health carrier. With companies like Aflac...most employers have been overwhelmed by people beating their door down offering plans like this so I can't see how offering just accidental death would go over well at all?

Thanks, Insurance-Guy. Seems like an uphill climb, then. I do like it, though. And since that asst. fire chief asked for the info, as they don't have anything (all volunteers here), and my brother and friends' husbands work construction, and don't have much of anything, either, I thought I saw an opportunity.

Too bad UHL does not sell it in my state right now.

I do understand what you and Red said about the money. I was going for volume. And simplicity. Back to FE, I guess.

Thanks for your input.

Back