Anyone Try to Use SHOP for Small Groups?

I have two groups on the SHOP with our Blue carrier (only carrier to participate in WV). Any and all service has to be handled via HC dot gov. It also took 6 months to get paid, but now things are flowing smoothly, but these are groups that don't require much service.

I'm still trying to figure out how to access the renewal.

For the "chance" of a relatively small tax credit and the increased likelihood of getting audited (from what I have heard), I'm not sure it's worth it.

Now that my states group rates are almost in line with the individual rates, I expect to see more traction with lower wage groups.

CMS advises agents who are disgruntled over IFP commission cuts to focus on SHOP enrollment. That's where the $$$ is, apparently.

That's where the $$$ is today. Tomorrow holds the same fate as IFP-an arbitrary cut or complete removal of compensation once the carrier decides they've received enough business for this year.

That's where the $$$ is today. Tomorrow holds the same fate as IFP-an arbitrary cut or complete removal of compensation once the carrier decides they've received enough business for this year.

Run for your life--why bother? In a year or even less, there will be no commissions eventually.

After listening to tonight's democratic debate, we could be in trouble if any one of the candidates gets in and actually gains traction on their agendas. Even if they don't, they are all "anti-insurance" which is equivalent to "anti-agent" . . . It's all bad

Run for your life--why bother? In a year or even less, there will be no commissions eventually.

After listening to tonight's democratic debate, we could be in trouble if any one of the candidates gets in and actually gains traction on their agendas. Even if they don't, they are all "anti-insurance" which is equivalent to "anti-agent" . . . It's all bad

Simmer-down-now... people have been saying this for years. Someone may be right one day, but so far so good. Bottom line is, there are no guarantees in life, no matter what you do. People don't like insurance anymore than they like taxes, it is what it is. So long as our carriers continue to spend the dough in DC, we're all good. When that spending stops, forget everything I just said and run for the hills.

Back