Anyone Use a Multi-product Annuity Strategy?

katjohnson

I was wondering how many agents are splitting annuity funds between two or more policies as deferred and immediate to create an income stream for their clients.

You mean like layering annuities? This is an excellent way to maximize and/or customize future income.

Layering, laddering. I did mean the latter.
Thanks for the answers. Our agency's FMO wants us to purchase this product called The Retirement Roadmap and it illustrates to the client how the layering (lol)/laddering them would work and let's you customize the data...

Anyway, just wondering how everyone else figures out what the final result looks like and how they convey that to the client
And if it is worth the money.

Two Ways to Ladder:

1. You can ladder deferred annuities so that people have a 3rd of their money coming due every year. Think liquidity.

2. I used to use fixed, indexed annuities, and a Spia to solve for income. Rates for fixed and Spia's are in the tank today.

Laddering serves many purposes:
1. Diversification: Va's, fixed, indexed, and spia's.
2. Liquidity- Help control the clients possible taxes-Tax Advantaged distribution.
3. Keep money under the state guarantee association limits.
4. This strategy makes you look like a true professional when the client talks to other brokers looking to steal your clients.

Back