Anyone Use MetLifeGA.com for P&C?

jkearns

Expert
I'm wondering, if any agents or brokers utilize MetLifeGA.com for P&C and how it's working out for them?

MetLifeGA.com works similar to other intermediaries, wholesalers, general agents, but no fee's to join or a membership fee. They just ask, that you do a minimum amount of premium each year, which I believe is around or about $2,500/year. Any how, they have most, if not all of the typical carriers that Superior Access, Insurance Noodle, Smart Choice, Agent Secure and most of all the clusters have.

Last edited:
From reading the prodcuer agreement, the producer owns the expirations of all policies, meaning he owns the book. What is III, Indienoise?

Just like the others, you have no binding authority and they are the agent of record.

III is Nationwide's brokerage/GA. From what I understand, it might come along with an Allied appointment as well? I don't know if you can use them otherwise.
They have more carriers and markets than any comparable brokerage I've dealt with. They do give out direct appointments for some personal lines carriers and unique logins for some cl carriers, but not sure if that's only for captive producers.
Biggest downside is they own the book though.

I hear ya. I am nationally licensed in more than 21 states, with plans for all 50 and DC. My residence license is in California, where I own a Farmers Agency and Farmers owns a general agency too called, Kraft Lake Insurance Agency, where I have producer codes with many other carriers or major brokerages set-up through Kraft Lake. Kraft Lake also has a partner relationship with the Insurance Noodle, where the Insurance Noodle is doing business as Kraft Lake Brokerage. Any how we can write business through the general agency, but it has to be business, which Farmers doesn't write or declines, unless you are brokering in a state utilitizing your non-resident licenses and are not appointed with Farmers in that specific state. In that case you can obtain a direct appointment with another carrier or broker it through Kraft Lake. My problem, which I have found with obtaining direct appointments with other major carriers, they want me to be appointed with them in CA first and then try and cross-sell my Farmers book, which I'm not going to do and I tell them to goto hell. Farmers is great and I love being a Farmers Agent, but I also enjoy brokering commercial insurance nationally. I mainly need another personal lines carrier for auto and home in my non-resident states, so I can start cross-selling my commercial customers in those states. I was utilizing Superior Access, but I do not want to be forking out $110.00 every month and plus I didnt like the slow service, so I cancelled and started looking else where. The problem I find with the insurance noodle, is that they are very selective in the personal lines and for some reason they are not offering personal auto. I am not sure if it it's like that in normally or due to the relationship it has with Kraft Lake. They are great when it comes to commercial lines for things like bars, taverns, night clubs, liqour, cleaning companies, lessor's risks, apartment buildings, and duplexes, plus I broker through TAPCO or Dovetail Insurance Services (NetCompIns.com & NetBopIns.com). I highly recommend TAPCO and Dovetail!

Last edited:
I'm indy now but doing what i can to get by without selling out to a cluster. Didn't like the noncompete i had with NW and don't plan to get myself into that again.
Whats your turnaround time with metlifes ga? SAIS is 1 day at best, otherwise 2 days for me right now.

Appalachian underwriters is much quicker, but very selective in what they'll take.

I was wondering some of those things myself about MetLife. I just signed the agreement this past Friday and takes a five to seven business days for them to get me my log-in information, etc.

As for superior access, I didn't like forking out the money and would rather deal with a minimum amount of premium each year, than to pay fee's, you know what i mean?

I have heard good things about Appliacian Underwriters, but you should give TAPCO and Dovetail a chance. No type of fee's to join them either, nor a minimum amount of preimum.

----------

In addition I specilize in retail and wholesale brokering insurance products for the motion picture and television, entertainment services, and events industries.

I work for met it sucks 60 on new 30 on renewal if they contact your client. If you call 50 new 0 renewal. One of reasons going indy

----------

Metlifega turn around time is suppose to be 24 hours.

CGreene, thats for MetLifeGA.com, the general agency/brokerage for P&C?

They told me...
Commercial Lines is 50% of the split on both New Business and Renewals.
Personal Lines is 50% of the split on New Business and 25% of the split on Renewals.

Last edited:
Back