Anyone Using Companion Link?

NWBenefitProvider

Guru
100+ Post Club
Hi.

I'm looking for a solution that will sync my outlook contacts, notes, calendar, etc. to my Android phone.

Right now I use Microsoft Exchange and I don't like how when I hit the phone dialer or contacts on the phone screen the default is the pre-loaded phone software, not the list of people and numbers I have in Outlook. I'm trying to find something that will allow me to transfer the information over and then override the pre-installed phone junk so I can still use the smart buttons on the home screen, but have it pull up my Outlook clients. I'm techno dumb and this may be a basic settings issue, but any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi.

I'm looking for a solution that will sync my outlook contacts, notes, calendar, etc. to my Android phone.

Right now I use Microsoft Exchange and I don't like how when I hit the phone dialer or contacts on the phone screen the default is the pre-loaded phone software, not the list of people and numbers I have in Outlook. I'm trying to find something that will allow me to transfer the information over and then override the pre-installed phone junk so I can still use the smart buttons on the home screen, but have it pull up my Outlook clients. I'm techno dumb and this may be a basic settings issue, but any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks.

I've used Companion Link for over 10-years. It always works great. Their phone support is just a 5 on a scale to 10 but you don't need it very often.

I learned to just synch one direction (Desktop to phone) because with two way synch you will occasionally get duplicates of all your contacts.

Thanks for the reply. So, when you want to look up a contact on your phone are you able to hit the contacts quick launch on the phone, or do you have to open Companion Link and then from there open your contacts? I'm trying to find a solution that will become the default contact and record storage for my phone that has the same info as my desktop.

Thanks.

I've been using CompanionLink and their phone app DejaOffice for a couple of years. Like Newby, I only sync Outlook to Android.

I paid $40 I think before they had a price increase. They have a "premium" version that does a few additional things but nothing I really need.

You can use the native Contacts on the phone, you don't have to use the DejaOffice Contacts.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. So, when you want to look up a contact on your phone are you able to hit the contacts quick launch on the phone, or do you have to open Companion Link and then from there open your contacts? I'm trying to find a solution that will become the default contact and record storage for my phone that has the same info as my desktop.

Thanks.

Yes, you can choose for it to synch with your iPhone contacts and calendar or not.

Same here.

I refused to give up my Outlook and didn't want to use Google Cloud contact Manager.

Been using CL with outlook for about 1 yr now.

I just downloaded the trial and it screwed up my email to my phone. I'll try loading it again, but have some concerns about it interfering with my email, which comes through a MS exchange server. Maybe that is part of the problem...

Gmail, Hotmail and, of course, Exchange server (including Office 365) support EAS and will sync calendar, contacts, and tasks (if supported by the device) directly with the smartphone. Note that while Gmail can sync it's calendar and contacts with the phone, you will need to export your Outlook calendar and contacts to gmail or use a sync utility.

Back