Anyone Using Manta?

Sites like Manta and Merchant Circle use other databases to populate their unregistered pages. I believe in Manta you can do a search for the companies that are registered or verified. I don't suggest paying the $99 a month you can certainly access the information for free if you dig a little deeper. Try getting creative with search strings in Google like ["small business directory" + boston + "contact info"] with out the brackets. The + symbols indicate that you want all the words included but not in that order while the quotations make sure you get results with those words in that order.

you can access manta for free. I get to see class codes as well as estimate revenue and principals/ company officers. I like it because you can search by industry and then even more defined within sub categories for a particular industry. All for FREE

Free is a funny word.

I tried pulling a list off of it to market health insurance once upon a time thinking it might be an interesting way to get in front of a potentially different group, so while I was watching TV with my wife I did a copy and paste on businesses into a spreadsheet to load into the dialer. Although accessing the information was free, the accuracy left something to be desired and it seemed to take too long to be worth it. I'm sure Manta is great for some agents, but by saving a nickel for each record pulled, even getting one record every 15 seconds for an hour that adds up to saving around $12/hr with no guarantee on the accuracy.

Has anyone else called on the data from Manta and had experience good or bad?

Have you looked @ Dunn & Bradstreet - the information is more accurate

Good Luck

Charlie

Is it free? I cold call for almost EVERY piece of business I write and personally use Reference USA through the library sans cost. Not gonna lie...I would honestly have a really tough time paying for a leads list or company spec info because let's face it...once you make contact with the decision maker, your skill level in sales, mixed with their interest in hearing about your product or service ultimately make the sale or break it. That's from a paid list or a free one.

I've used it for searching, but not to include myself to the directory because I'd rather pay for calling lists than their outdated database. Also, I've decided to work with a telemarketing company that provides the list (included in the package) instead of manually doing it. It takes so much time..

What about reference.com? You can access this through the library. I am beginning to use this for calling btob.

Also, freeerisa.com gives great information about 401k benefits. Will give the name of the plan administrator, and the amount of dollars in the plan, as well as many other plan details.

Back