Anyone Using Norvax for Health Leads?

jimkmi

Expert
I'm considered using Norvax for health leads. Does anyone have experience with them? They claim their $18 health ads are exclusive. I find that to be hard to believe. They charge $7 for a shared ad and admit it goes to 5 or 6 reps. Why would they give up $20 in income per ad just to offer it as exclusive to a rep???? Sounds fishy to me, lead companies are mostly whores. I find it hard to believe they'd give up that kind of income per lead to help one of their reps. Anyone have any real experience with this?

First of all, while Norvax is a sound company, their leads (PZ that is) are, in my opinion, terrible.

Keep in mind...maybe they can only sell it to 2-5 in some areas. Throw in credits and I assume they make money on their exclusive leads.

Of course...exclusive for how ,long?

However, considering I have not purchased one of their leads in at least 5 years (only free ones that were given to me), you should talk to others that have purchased their leads in the last 90 days.

WebExperience was used in this post
WebUnbias was used in this post
WebNanny was not used in this post

Norvax (PZ) leads are just as good as any other vendor. I have bought a handful of exclusive leads w/lead credits before and wasn't so impressed that I would pay more than double for a name/number/email. without that much more in closing ratio.

I never got the feeling that my exclusive leads were being instantly sold to other brokers. I have only had that happen from one company that I won't name on here. The only exclusive leads I found to be worth the money were from benepath.

If you're buying exclusive, know the landing pages. While you really can't put in a "fake" quote for shared leads because it harms other agents this doesn't apply to exclusive.

If I'm buying exclusive leads in the 2113 zip and obviously my leads are on you'd better bet your bottom dollar I'm plugging in info using my cell to see what happens.

I've done this before with a few vendors and amazingly we've had a few...how did they put it...."snags."

However, the biggest problem you'll find is most won't be exclusive. Calls to the lead vendor will result in this explanation: "Most prospects visit multiple sites." I guess we'll leave it at that.

Last edited:
All this talk about shared vs "exclusive" internet leads is going to become pointless within the the next 90-120 days, with advances dwindling down and lower comp come 2011.

Most agents won't be able to afford a $80-150 COA w/out advances, not to mention lower commissions.

Learn to telemarket/b2b or hack lead vendor databases....lol.

BTW, Norvax is offering CBL contracts @ 60%......hehe

Last edited:
You nailed it right on the head. Lead vendors better grab onto something because when advances go to 3 months their business is going in the crapper. You tie in less advances with lower comp and it's over but the crying.

But better bet they won't go down like men, but like little girls - yelling about how their leads are "the best" and their are "search driven." But as stated - it's all for nothing when an agent on a 3 month advance calls 20 leads and 3 answer.

Can't say I'm too sorry to see 'em go.

Last edited:
less agents to sell the leads to and twice as many leads developed from people ramping up search's with all the new changes...should be interesting.....

Lead vendors better grab onto something because when advances go to 3 months their business is going in the crapper.

I've been asked by a lot of agents how I think leads will play out. ROI. That's it. It's there or it's no. It's really not a lot to discuss.

If comp drops to 10% then obviously agents are taking a 50% cut in pay. I'm not sure if there's room for internet leads but that'll be up to each agent.

Going to 3 month advances kills cash flow. Say an agent writes 10K for the week. A 3 month advance at 20% is $500. It's hard to spend $200 on leads to return $500.

In a perfect world, agents have a lot of cash flow. Call up any lead vendor and talk about how the average agent has great cash flow and hold the phone away while listening to the laughter.

All that said, leads will obviously not die. Where there's supply there will be demand but only the vendors selling true quality will be left to talk about it.

The only way for it to work is for a lower comp but with a higher advance period.

I am not sure why the carriers are reducing their advance period.......

$500 x 12 months x 10% = $600 commission

This is the only way that it can work........anything less than that and its over for everyone buying internet leads (at current prices)

I do suspect though that the lead companies profit per shared lead is sky high - especially when they sell it over and over again and again......for them to stay in business they are going to have to lower their prices.......

Back