anyone using this mailer?

PhxSunsFan

Guru
Anyone using this mailer from FE,, from the National Processing Center? cost? alternatives? success rate? thanks

Attachments

• image2  fe.jpeg
    image2 fe.jpeg
    57 KB · Views: 93
I haven't seen this particular one, but it's just a variation on similar lead forms that have been in use for decades now. The problem with any of this type, IMO, is that it's designed to give the appearance of coming from the government.

Everything about it - the wording, the layout, even the packaging - is directed to that end. The design is intended to use this deception to increase the return rate. So an agent buying a 1,000 or 2,000 piece mailing will get more responses from it. (I hope these aren't being sold on a price per lead basis!) But that agent will also spend a lot of time talking to people who thought it was something free from the government. They aren't actually interested if it costs anything.

Oh, sure, a really good salesman could still get in and get the sale. But I'm not that good! I'd rather spend my time with people who had a better reason to respond than just getting something for free. I'm also uncomfortable starting a business relationship with someone by essentially lying to them. Those agents who press their way through on sales to people who don't have a compelling reason to buy end up with high lapse/NTO rates anyway.

I haven't seen this particular one, but it's just a variation on similar lead forms that have been in use for decades now. The problem with any of this type, IMO, is that it's designed to give the appearance of coming from the government.

Everything about it - the wording, the layout, even the packaging - is directed to that end. The design is intended to use this deception to increase the return rate. So an agent buying a 1,000 or 2,000 piece mailing will get more responses from it. (I hope these aren't being sold on a price per lead basis!) But that agent will also spend a lot of time talking to people who thought it was something free from the government. They aren't actually interested if it costs anything.

Oh, sure, a really good salesman could still get in and get the sale. But I'm not that good! I'd rather spend my time with people who had a better reason to respond than just getting something for free. I'm also uncomfortable starting a business relationship with someone by essentially lying to them. Those agents who press their way through on sales to people who don't have a compelling reason to buy end up with high lapse/NTO rates anyway.
I could not agree more!

Back