Anyone Work for Ameri-life?

I have not worked for them, thankfully found this thread when I was contacted by them and didn't waste time or gas showing up for the interview. A coworker, however, was not so fortunate. She contracted with them and signed everything they put in front of her. Big surprise, but the leads she was required to buy and drive to the office to receive did not pan out, and she realized she was barely breaking even, after her travel expenses and the $250 monthly fees just to be contracted with them. She left them to work a seasonal job in a call center where I also work. Ameri-life will not release her from her contracts, due to outstanding balances. Part of the outstanding balances are unpaid subsequent renewals, which she forfeited when she left, so it appears they are billing her for first year commissions she has not received. They agreed to release her after she started making payments, but only to their own IMO marketing firm.

I agree with most everyone, if they contact you, run!

Do not work for AmeriLife!!!! If you try it and you do not like it, they will not release your contracts with the carriers, so it will be very hard for you to work for another agency for at least 6 months of not writing business. That will definitely hurt your income to waste 6 months for an agency that is heartless and will not let you contract with anyone else!

RUN AWAY!!! DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING!

i worked for them for about 5 years and, although you can make decent money, they will make you pay for pointless stuff, change contract paperwork whenever they feel like it and make you sign it or you don't get leads, and the list goes on. I am still paying for my mistake to work for them and I have been gone from them for over a year.

Take my advice and do not fall into their trap!

Hehehe... As fortune would have it, an AmeriDeath recruiter called me yesterday. I had a bit of time to kill and asked a ton of questions, wasting over an hour of the jerk's time.

After a long series of rather "dumb" questions (designed to get him to think I was a green tenderfoot agent), I said I think I might be willing to sign up if I could be given an advance release agreement, in the unlikely event that things did not work out and I might want to go another direction.

He fumbled and farted around and eventually said that he wasn't aware of any available company document that would accomplish that, and he had never been asked about granting releases before (right). I asked about their usual policies and procedures regarding releases, and he claimed they would never want to wreck an agent's career -- and every time he had ever heard of any agent or agency wishing to leave, they had been promptly released with no problem (right).

I said in that case things sound really good and I'd like to sign up. But, one more thing, I would first like to check them out in the insurance agents' forum, just to verify they treated their agents well and had a good reputation. I said "You can't be too careful, you know, and there are IMO's that are known for stealing agents' commissions and books of business."

At that point, he immediately hung up, while I laughed so hard I almost fell off the chair. :laugh:

The only good thing is I was able to waste an hour of this creep's time where he couldn't be preying on another agent. :mad:

That is very funny! I wish there was something someone could do about how they run their business, but I guess they have the right people in the right places...

I wonder if anyone at Riskalyze ever came across this thread? The platform sounds intriguing anyway...

Riskalyze and AmeriLife® Form Partnership Bringing DOL Compliant Technology to Annuity Producers
Five-year deal will equip AmeriLife annuity producers with Riskalyze's Risk Alignment Platform

SACRAMENTO, CA--(Marketwired - October 20, 2016) - Riskalyze and AmeriLife today announced that they are entering into a five-year agreement providing Riskalyze's Risk Number®technology to AmerifLife's annuity producers.

"While we've been very focused on equipping investment advisors to prove and document that they're acting in the best interests of their clients, it's clear that the insurance side of the business is excited about the benefits that the Risk Number can drive for their clients," said Aaron Klein, CEO of Riskalyze. "By rolling the Riskalyze platform out to all of their annuity producers, AmeriLife will have a powerful tool to demonstrate to clients how including a fixed annuity can lower the overall risk of their financial lives."

The Riskalyze platform provides a quantitative measurement of a client's risk tolerance which will allow annuity producers to quickly, accurately, and collaboratively uncover and assign the most appropriate goal-specific risk level according to their client's personal Risk Number. Acting in the best interest of the client, annuity producers will be able to present clients with a document that includes their risk tolerance information and provides options based on this analysis.

"The Riskalyze platform is a great tool our annuity producers will be able to use to assist in making a DOL compliant sale, and also provide an effective way to communicate the insurance need for a fixed annuity in an easy to understand presentation," said Nathan Hightower, President of AmeriLife. "Our annuity producers will be able to better manage client expectations using a Nobel Prize-winning framework. AmeriLife has a long history of delivering innovative solutions, and we're excited to put highly robust, integrated, and collaborative tools to deliver a practical, but customized client experience at their fingertips."

Riskalyze and AmeriLife(R) Form Partnership Bringing DOL Compliant Technology to Annuity Producers

If your leaving Amerilife, read this and read it carefully. First understand that Amerilife will Vector you, they will enforce the non-compete in a court of law. This will take place in Clearwater, FL. You will not beat them in this venue. If you try to preserve your business or replace your business as was discussed previously in this thread, this will give them all the reason in the world to go into attack mode. You must stay out of their path.

If you are Vectored, you will be given a time period to contest this. Do so by requiring Amerilife to produce documentation proving the debit balance with their company. They (most likely) will not produce this documentation and the Vector will go away.

If you are served with court papers that you have broken the non-compete, resolve the matter with them directly, immediately. You will not beat them in court. Attorney fees to defend yourself will range in tens of thousands of dollars. They will only come after you in this manner if you deliberately piss them off. Once again, stay out of their path.

To leave, you must find one or two FMO's that will contract you with all the products you need. These all need to be submitted at once and this needs to take place approximately 3 - 4 weeks before you leave the company. Once they find out, you will already be gone and have all the contracts you need in place.

There is more to this puzzle, but not enough time and space here to put it all together for you. The important thing is to not piss them off. they will let you go peacefully if you keep the majority of your contracts with their FMO side of the house. This is predicated on your NOT pissing them off. They are the 800 pound gorilla and their actions reflect this fact.

WoW it is amazing the sort of things mentioned above can happen in America.

Just goes to show you how regulators, and even courts, will often look the other way when folks are being wronged, if the deep pockets are behind it.

Their uppance will come sooner or later, but meanwhile they destroy countless people's lives. It is sad. I am truly glad I never fell in with a despicable outfit like this.

WoW it is amazing the sort of things mentioned above can happen in America.

Just goes to show you how regulators, and even courts, will often look the other way when folks are being wronged, if the deep pockets are behind it.

Their uppance will come sooner or later, but meanwhile they destroy countless people's lives. It is sad. I am truly glad I never fell in with a despicable outfit like this.

Reading your post...I thought you were talking about Bill and Hillary.:twitchy:

Seriously!:yes:

Reading your post...I thought you were talking about Bill and Hillary.:twitchy:

Seriously!:yes:

Haw -- your post had me chuckling like your avatar. Hadn't thought of it that way, but if the shoe fits...

Question is, can you and your friends carry Illinois? I remember as a child, living in Champaign, wearing an Otto Kerner for Governor button to school (parents were democrats at the time). Well, he was one of three or four Illinois governors who went from the governor's house to the big house, as I recall.

But we digress! :biggrin:

Haw -- your post had me chuckling like your avatar. Hadn't thought of it that way, but if the shoe fits...

Question is, can you and your friends carry Illinois? I remember as a child, living in Champaign, wearing an Otto Kerner for Governor button to school (parents were democrats at the time). Well, he was one of three or four Illinois governors who went from the governor's house to the big house, as I recall.

But we digress! :biggrin:

The Smurf made it 4 out of 7 Governors to wear stripes(or is it orange now)2 in a row, for trying to sell O'bama's Senate seat to Jesse Jackson's son(another crook). :laugh: What a crooked state I live in! I just hope we don't have 2 crooked Presidents in a row from Chicago, Illinois(the present one by way of Kenya)!

That would put you at about 60. Unfortunately, Illinois hasn't voted Republican in around 30 years because of all the crooked Democrats in the Chicago area.

The Smurf made it 4 out of 7 Governors to wear stripes(or is it orange now)2 in a row, for trying to sell O'bama's Senate seat to Jesse Jackson's son(another crook). :laugh: What a crooked state I live in! I just hope we don't have 2 crooked Presidents in a row from Chicago, Illinois(the present one by way of Kenya)!

That would put you at about 60. Unfortunately, Illinois hasn't voted Republican in around 30 years because of all the crooked Democrats in the Chicago area.

Yes, your arithmetic is good -- will be 61 in a few days!

I just wish these libs from IL would pay attention to the first two words of the state motto ("state sovereignty").

Have a blessed day!

Back