Anyone Worked with Oscar Health?

mshmsh

Oscar Health just signed on to offer health plans in Tennessee. Does anyone in Texas or New York have any experience working with them?

Oscar health insurance is a bit of a joke. They call themselves a "technology" company & in a world where everything is now paperless from bank statements to even health records, Oscar cannot even provide electronic records of each hospital visit or paperless summaries thereof. So much for “innovative".

I have a handful of clients with Oscar. All under 35, all of them think its the greatest thing ever.

But none of them have had any major claims, either.

Commissions are fine, they pay monthly via my GA.

They had a huge problem in 2016, because of the network but it got fixed in 2017. They will do well in traditional HMO areas (which means they tanked in Dallas but are doing great in San Antonio, expanding into Austin)

If the pricing is decent, the network is OK and they are going to pay you, I would go for it.

I wouldn't insure my dog with them and anyone who selects them against my strong recommendation doesn't qualify as my client. It looks like they're using Humana's EPO on exchange in TN. The other carrier is Cigna also with an EPO.

In addition to having the Kushner family heavily involved, they have a history of doing everything possible to not pay claims and are licensed only in 6 states as of a couple weeks ago. I talked to someone making their living helping consumers with claims. She said that Oscar is absolutely one of the worst carriers that she has ever dealt with. This particular person has been in business for at least 15 years and is not a newby.

Run, don't walk away from Oscar. Some business just ain't worth having.

Back