Anything Good Bad or Ugly about Illinois Nutual

Nov 10, 2007

1. Tx249

Tx249 Expert

Last edited: Nov 10, 2007
    Tx249, Nov 10, 2007
  2. James

James Guru

I like them, no leads and really no training. Yet they have good products that seem to be design for the Blue Collar Sector of the population. They have pre design letters and brochures you can download and print with a general idea of marketing, but it isn't all that great if even useful. I like their idea of DI as the other half of Healthcare.

James, Nov 10, 2007
  3. David C

David C Guru

I've been contracted with them for years. They're not flashy, but they are solid. Good support if needed, fair compensation, decent bonuses on life and DI. All around they are a great middle of the road company. Good DI, good whole life and term. Plus they still pay renewals on term.

I prefer as earned commissions but advanced is available.

David C, Nov 10, 2007
  4. Cenla Agent

Cenla Agent Guru

State:
    Louisiana
    I have heard they are a major player with DI, but don't know much else.

5. Alsky

Alsky Guru

I agree with James and David C... Good solid company, I only use them for DI presently, but am seriously looking at their term product.

Great support and pleasant personell always eager to assist me and answer my questions. Underwriters are actually from this planet and sincerely try to place evey DI case I send to them.

Overall, an A in my opinion.

Alsky, Nov 10, 2007
  6. 2112Greg

2112Greg Guru

State:
    Texas
    Yep. Good outfit. Without a doubt.

2112Greg, Nov 11, 2007
  7. Full Throttle

Full Throttle Guru

State:
    Alabama
    Judging by the amount of direct mail they send me, there likely isn't a tree left in Illinois. I liken them to Assurant, good operation department, easy to deal with from a producer standpoint, but at least for me, the products just aren't up to par enough to sell them consistently.

Permanent LI - not competitive compared to the other major carriers. They are a mutual company, but don't compete nearly as well on life as the other mutuals.

DI - as others have said, blue collar employees is their sweet spot. I sell DI mainly to small business owners and with a business owner upgrade even for blue collar employees, I like The Standard better.

VPD Short Term DI - this is where I use them more than anywhere else. Not a bad product for small blue collar businesses, guaranteed issue if you have at least three employees eligible and at least two sign up. 12 month pre-existing wait.

8. arnguy

arnguy Guru

State:
    Pennsylvania
    I am overjoyed that these 3 year old threads are being revived. It makes my weekend most pleasant.

arnguy, Jun 26, 2010
  9. coachd

coachd Guru

State:
    Illinois
    They are good to work wiht. Again little training. If you want to know the market get another company as well.

coachd, Jun 28, 2010