aon corporation

jeremyw81

I was offered a job with aon corporation and i was wondering if anyone works for them or if they think it would be a wise career move? nver sold insurance before but they want me to ride along with a agent and if i like it fly me out to chicago for 2 weeks of training can anyone give me some info if i should take it or what..

I work for Aon. What kind of position is it? Aon is a HUGE company, so to offer any details is difficult unless I know more specifics. But I would definitely disagree with Insuranceman....Aon is not something to run from.

This sounds like Combined.

I think Combined Senior Division is being spun off and combined with Sterling, but I haven't heard about Combined, which is now called 7 Essential or something like that. See my post in the other thread.

I work for Aon. What kind of position is it? Aon is a HUGE company, so to offer any details is difficult unless I know more specifics. But I would definitely disagree with Insuranceman....Aon is not something to run from.

Aon in general is probably a pretty good company that has excellent ratings, and has a lot of divisions.

But what Jeremy described is the m.o. for Combined insurance, which operates one of the biggest revolving doors in the industry, rivaled today by maybe only NAA and United American and it's related companies. It is definitely something to run if you're broke and also is something to run from unless you are into working for 100% commission driving all over the rural areas of the state picking up semi annual premiums and knocking on doors. Since you are captive, you can't get out of doing it. They are some of the biggest liars and bs artists I've ever run across, and when you resign, you almost feel like you're trying to leave some kind of cult with the response you get.

Honestly I'd go to work for AFLAC before working for Combined again.

Combined seemed kind of "cult -like" to me, but then, a lot of organizations could be possibly considered "cult-like", so who knows?

All I know is I was creeped out by my own actions in talking with them- felt like I was committing unmentionables.

Back