Aon Exchange and AT&T Retirees

insurgal81

Expert
It been awhile since someone posted on AT&T retirees. I just met with someone who has of course a super inflated med supp price from the AT&T exchange, they have their RX plan with the exchange also. We tried to call the exchange and ask if he could change just his supp and still get the full $2700 for the year as long as he kept his Part D with the exchange. No one had a clue what we were talking about. Has anyone run into this lately?

Yes. As long as they have their Part D through the Exchange, they can purchase their med supp off exchange, and, submit premium statements for HRA reimbursement.

If you scroll through this thread you will see a link to the agreement that existed in 2014.
https://insurance-forums.com/community/threads/att-cancels-retiree-health-plan.67710/

Unless something has changed since then, Dayton is correct. Pretty sure that thread addresses the fact that the rummy's answering the phone have no clue about how the HRA works and you may have to kick it up to a supervisor. Just make sure the 2014 rules still apply and have not changed.

I just spoke to AON about 4 months ago with the client in front of me. The AON rep confirmed what I already knew. That she could get the rx coverage through AON, get the med supp with me and still get the reimbursement.
But the AON rep didn't word it that exact way. It was more like, "In order to be eligible for your reimbursement, you must purchase a product through our online exchange".

Yeah, the AON reps dont know about it because they aren't experts at their jobs, they dont need to be to get paid, they have a base salary/wage. The AON management sometimes knows that this is available, so if you call in with your customer, and the rep says no, ask to go up the chain, and keep asking until you get a yes. There's an app in the iOS app store called "reimburse me" and they can use it to take pics of receipts and stuff like that that is eligible for refund. (the app is green and looks like a hand holding a card with a dollar sign on it)

The front line reps are paid $17/hour and are put through a one week (or maybe 2 week) training before being cut loose.

Think hc.gov except for Medicare . . . .

It reads like you know that or have made this move before? I never have myself but I know someone who did this a lot ... a least some time ago. It is a shame that the retiree's HRA money has to be used on the Tower's Watson "One Exchange" portal and that they are not allowed to use their money on the open market.

It is a shame that the retiree's HRA money has to be used on the Tower's Watson "One Exchange" portal and that they are not allowed to use their money on the open market.

They can buy their med supp on the open market. They just need to purchase their Part D through the exchange.

That's with ATT only ... I meant through other companies retiree plans. Or govt. retirees.
I know of One Exchange and Aon. In Ohio this happens with OPERS,STRS,etc.

Hello. It's been a couple of years since this topic was visited and I hope you kind folks are still up to date on the latest information. I've tried to obtain an answer to my question via AON but it seems nobody is available to answer my question. So, I hope that you folks can help me out.
I am a retired AT&T employee (actually retried from Pacific Bell in 1994)
Several years ago, when I had to get coverage through AON, I decided to go with a Medigap program and PDP. I was told that I had to have both to receive my full compensation.
My wife would like to keep her current Medigap program but fortunately, takes no prescription medications at all. While we realize the potential risk of not having a PDP, I'm wondering if anything has changed regarding the requirement to have both type plans.
My wife has been seeing the same Dr. for over 20 years and he is not part of any HMO thus her reason for the Medigap coverage.
Thank you in advance for any information.
Icer

Back