AON Question for AT&T Retirees

I wrote a couple of them. They only had to buy the RX through AON. Of course AON didn't make that info easy to understand for the retirees.

It was in black and white on the FAQ piece. Of course, the AON Exchange workers wouldn't freely volunteer it.

I've come across some retirees that were grandfathered in and did not have to purchase through Aon to get their money. Agree with the FAQ comments though, you definitely have to work for it and sometimes the bene is still nervous.

You have to admit, it's a clever business model. To trap benes and force them to get their coverage through your agency. I cant imagine CMS will tolerate that in the future.

I cant imagine CMS will tolerate that in the future.

CMS doesn't care and it isn't a CMS governance issue. Rather it rests solely with the DOL.

Unless someone complains the DOL will never investigate.

CMS doesn't care and it isn't a CMS governance issue. Rather it rests solely with the DOL. Unless someone complains the DOL will never investigate.
Agreed. Employer groups get a lot of latitude to set up the plans they want. Before Aon these retirees just took what was offered them by the employer and they had no options available unless they walked away from those benefits. As unpleasant as this transition has been for them, most of them have actually landed in a pretty good place, especially if they were sharp enough to take their HRA money and shop it on the med supp market. Worked out well for some of us too. Prior to that shift we had no opportunity with their retirees. --Mr. Brightside

Last edited:
Back