AOR Change for Medigap Policy

eagles12

Expert
I received a call yesterday from someone referred to me by an existing client. The referral said she'd like me to be her AOR based on what my client told her. This lady, Jane said that she'd enrolled online through a portal and that she didn't use an agent to enroll so she didn't have an agent. I'm appointed with the same company, Cigna, so I called them earlier today to clarify the process of becoming the AOR.
I was told by customer service that I wouldn't be able to get an AOR but that I could get an agreement where I could advise the customer and receive no commission for my advice.

The rate she received for her Plan-G from Cigna (in the other state) is a better rate than what I have for Plan G here. Is she obligated to switch plans since she now lives in congested metro area as opposed the small college town she lived in before. She joined the other plan on her 65th BDay. She'll be 66 in November.

I'd like to get compensated for my time , if possible. But I'd advise her pro bono if necessary with the hope of getting her business in the future. How should handle this.Thanks.

I received a call yesterday from someone referred to me by an existing client. The referral said she'd like me to be her AOR based on what my client told her. This lady, Jane said that she'd enrolled online through a portal and that she didn't use an agent to enroll so she didn't have an agent. I'm appointed with the same company, Cigna, so I called them earlier today to clarify the process of becoming the AOR.
I was told by customer service that I wouldn't be able to get an AOR but that I could get an agreement where I could advise the customer and receive no commission for my advice.

The rate she received for her Plan-G from Cigna (in the other state) is a better rate than what I have for Plan G here. Is she obligated to switch plans since she now lives in congested metro area as opposed the small college town she lived in before. She joined the other plan on her 65th BDay. She'll be 66 in November.

I'd like to get compensated for my time , if possible. But I'd advise her pro bono if necessary with the hope of getting her business in the future. How should handle this.Thanks.
Get licensed in the state she moved to and move her out of Cigna if you can beat their rate. with another company.

You won't get paid as an AOR with a supp....they protect the original writing agent or agency. Otherwise you would have agents running wild asking clients to sign AOR changes. She will be rerated at her policy anniversary if her new area is more expensive than her previous area. If she is insurable, check out other carriers and see if you can replace her, if it is in her best interest.

Back