APPLICATION Do's and Don't's PRE NOV 15th

MedSuppPro

Guru
1000 Post Club
I understand the part that agents may NOT accept applications before November 15th.

Yet, Coventry Advantra (Rx & MA's) informed me today, that I can NOT leave an application with a prospect prior to November 15th adding that "this is according to CMS rules."

I was informed that I must complete the application in-person on or after November 15th, but, NOT prior. Also, I can NOT mail the application to my client at anytime.

Anthem BCBS says: "...Agents can assist the potential policyholder in filling out the applications. Our agents can provide the applicants with pre-printed envelopes and advise the consumer to mail it on November 15th..."

Also Anthem gives you within seven days vs. Coventry's unreasonable 24 hours of the receipt date to get an application in. I guess Coventry works Sundays and holidays!

What are other carriers saying about application Do's and Don't's Pre- November 15th?

According to what I have been told...

You can assist with the application, have it filled out with a pre-addressed envelope for mailing on Nov 15th. That is from both Humana and Coventry.

Once the insurance company gets the application, they have 7 days to process it and get it to CMS. That is why Coventry wants it in 24 hours, so they can get it to CMS as fast as possible.

midwestbroker,

Good!

That is how I thought I could proceed with Coventry. Yesterday, Coventry Broker Service Unit 866-714-9301 interpreted differently. I guess that's nothing new!

Great Products ==> Very dysfunctional & zero field communications!

Back