Applications Not Available to Be Seen

ameneses54

Guru
100+ Post Club
I’d like to know why apps submitted through HS or ACA are not seen when you log into your HC.gov account which was created by the regular route. On the other hand, the applications submitted both through HS and ACA and the marketplace account are seen through ACA and HS backdoor access which unfortunately, does not have the same functionality as if you entered through the regular Marketplace account.
More baffling is the fact that if you call the Marketplace and through the automated system you try to look for a 2016 current app submitted by HS or ACA, it is not found.
I know as a fact that the apps were submitted as the clients already paid for them.
I’d really appreciate an answer

Your standard login is a consumer based login via HC.gov.

The log in from ACA (only one working atm) is FFM Agent specific. In other words your FFM ID auto populates and you have to use your CMS password.

It would be a very bad idea to allow all consumers who create a MP account to look up applications of others which is why that feature isn't available when you login to HC.gov as a consumer.

Past that what are you trying to do?

I’d like to know why apps submitted through HS or ACA are not seen when you log into your HC.gov account which was created by the regular route. I’d really appreciate an answer

Before our valuable Web Broker Entities arrived on the scene for 2015 enrollments, not being able to access the client's application using their own Username/Password, was very frustrating.

I'd save the application using the "Save As" command in the browser before logging out, and leaving the appointment. But when attempting to open the app later, it was totally inaccessible because HC.gov saved these things to the P.C. in some shitxml format that would make my laptop freeze up.

Can't the client pull the apps into the client hc.gov acct if you have the actual app number(s)? I remember that functionality is there as I have been able to assist people to do that when they have originally applied over the phone so their hc.gov acct didn't have any applications populated into it and they later set up a hc.gov consumer account.

I am sure it is some identity theft thing.

Can't the client pull the apps into the client hc.gov acct if you have the actual app number(s)? I remember that functionality is there as I have been able to assist people to do that when they have originally applied over the phone so their hc.gov acct didn't have any applications populated into it and they later set up a hc.gov consumer account.

Thee is no way to look up an app submitted via web broker once you're in your HC.gov account--there is simply no option at all. Basically through this rout, it's nonexistent and the same when you do an automated look up calling the Marketplace.
Any ideas?

----------

Your standard login is a consumer based login via HC.gov.

The log in from ACA (only one working atm) is FFM Agent specific. In other words your FFM ID auto populates and you have to use your CMS password.

It would be a very bad idea to allow all consumers who create a MP account to look up applications of others which is why that feature isn't available when you login to HC.gov as a consumer.

Past that what are you trying to do?
Hi,
Basically something very simple and it's to look for my 2016 app submitted by a web broker (me). The app is non existent through the HC.gov I have and through the automated phone surch callin the Marketplace.
By the way I already paid for the non existent app.
I also wanted to look for a 1095 for a customer who applied in 2014 via web broker.

If the client can pull up their application, I'd love to know how they do it!

Sometimes they say, "I don't recall how much income I estimated in 2014 for 2015."

That info is on their 2015 application, buried somewhere in HealthCare.gov. The problem is that even when logging into the "front door" at Healthcare.gov, using their Username/Password, there seems to be no way for clients to find their 2014, or 2015 subsidy application.

Note: Agents aren't supposed to login to HC.gov using the client's Username and Password...even with their authorization. Got it?

It would be easier if you wrote in gibberish.

You can upload a 2016 app into a clients' HC.gov front door account.

Most of the time, after putting in the info, it will state, "app can't be found", but then when you go back to the main applications screen, it actually does populate the 16' app.

I have been sitting beside a customer and they have been able to pull a phone app into their own healthcare.gov account . However, there is no search feature like we have. They have to know the exact application number. In our case they had their eligibility letter which had it on it. Now, their original app was done over the phone by calling the marketplace, it wasn't with a WBE, so there may be a disconnect there. It was also for the current year (at the time 2015), so I don't know if it will let you pull previous year apps.

I can't remember the exact pathway, but there was an option to "look up" an application, which they did. It was completed, so we were able to go to pick a plan right there.

For the record, they were sitting in the room with me logged into their own client account, I was looking over their shoulder and did not log-in as them, was merely advising.

It was not intuitive, we had to call the marketplace to see if it could be done and got a helpful rep that said it could be and talked us through it.

Last edited:
It would be easier if you wrote in gibberish.

You can upload a 2016 app into a clients' HC.gov front door account.

Most of the time, after putting in the info, it will state, "app can't be found", but then when you go back to the main applications screen, it actually does populate the 16' app.

You say "You can upload a 2016 app into a clients' HC.gov front door account.", I'd like to know how.
I have a regular Marketplace account and for 2016 I processed my app via web broker. I'd like to see my 2016 logging into my marketplace account.

----------

I have been sitting beside a customer and they have been able to pull a phone app into their own healthcare.gov account . However, there is no search feature like we have. They have to know the exact application number. In our case they had their eligibility letter which had it on it. Now, their original app was done over the phone by calling the marketplace, it wasn't with a WBE, so there may be a disconnect there. It was also for the current year (at the time 2015), so I don't know if it will let you pull previous year apps.

I can't remember the exact pathway, but there was an option to "look up" an application, which they did. It was completed, so we were able to go to pick a plan right there.

For the record, they were sitting in the room with me logged into their own client account, I was looking over their shoulder and did not log-in as them, was merely advising.

It was not intuitive, we had to call the marketplace to see if it could be done and got a helpful rep that said it could be and talked us through it.

I found the following: " If you already have a Marketplace account: Log in with your username and password.
Enter your Application ID
Once you’re logged in, select “Find my existing application.” You’ll be asked to enter your Application ID".

According to the above there is or was a way to find an app through your regular marketplace account, but now I can't find it.
Any ideas?

----------
I found the following: " If you already have a Marketplace account: Log in with your username and password.
Enter your Application ID
Once you’re logged in, select “Find my existing application.” You’ll be asked to enter your Application ID".

According to the above there is or was a way to find an app through your regular marketplace account, but now I can't find it.
Any ideas?

I know you see this when you first create an account and login for the first time but once you select either start new application or look up existing application that screen no longer appears.

See the attached document for instructions on how to do it. It's a little complicated but easy to do. To help your clients find their application and add it to their accounts do a join.me session and assist them or edit the document adding your own information and send it to them as a tutorial. Hope it helps. :cool:

Attachments

• How to add a 2016 application to your healthcare.gov account..pdf
    771.9 KB · Views: 8
Back