Appointed

Kjr11

I live in California, recently received my state life & health license, training for all life and some annuity products, as well 16 hrs of CE for LTC and Annuities. My problem is I was denied appointment with two national companies because of my poor credit rating and specifically, IRS lien from impact of divorce years ago. My question is do I have any chance of landing with a company? Or must I figure a way to work as an associate for finder's fees? Any advice would be very much appreciated!

Quick Question: When applying to these carriers, are you disclosing the Tax Lien, and steps you're taking to repay the debt?
Yes I made full disclosure but haven't contacted the IRS to see about options. Thank you for that!

A letter of explanation generally goes a long way...depending on the direction you choose to go. I suggest you focus on Medicare products to get off the ground. Less stringent appointment process.

Regarding the IRS lean...get in contact with a CPA in your area and look into what is referred to as an Offer in Compromise. That could satisfy the lean for pennies on the dollar and help you jumpstart your career.

Keep your head up, there are many directions your license can take you. With challenges you have to adjust your path so you can continue to go forward.

It may not be your original plan but it can be a stepping stone to getting things resolved.

Back