Appointment Cold Call Script

liferforlife

Expert
what do you guys think of this script I haven't tested it yet will be soon :-D the goal is to not waste time with people that have no interest at all. the survey is more of a buy in then anything. the questions are yes or no questions for the most part.

Hello Mr/Mrs X, This is NAME and I am with xyz. We will be in your time next week on x day morning and x day afternoon helping individuals such as you with various aspect of financial planning. In order to reach the people that actually do need our help we conduct a brief survey.

Have your personal finances been affected by the recent market downturn?
IF NO:
Are you comfortable with your current financial situation?
Are your concerned about your future financial situation?

YES: Thank you for your time.

No: Would you be open to discussing what would help you be more comfortable with your financial roadmap?

No: Thank you for your time.
YES: I'm sure you are busy and to ensure that our meeting is beneficial for you could you answer a couple of questions?

YES:

1. Are you suffering from financial losses as a result of the recent economic downturn?

2. Are you concerned about any of the following:
• Too many bills or debt?
• Lack of savings or investments for retirement or kids’ college education?
• Not having enough protection in the case of disability, long term illness or even death?

3. Do you carry any significant financial responsibilities with growing children or aging parents?

4. Are you concerned about the future of your job career?

5. Do you feel that financial terms such as investments, insurance, debt, inflation, and tax are difficult to understand?

6. Do you think there is a large number of people in our country who struggle financially and need help to improve their financial situation?

7. If you were to choose, what would you rather have?
A: ☐ Better Return for your money B: ☐ Better Safety for your money

8. Do you want to learn about how money works and how to build a stronger financial future?
mr/mrs x as i mentioned at the beginning my goal is to help individuals such as you with various aspect of financial planning
with that in mind is x day morning a good time for us to meet or yday afternoon a better time

any constructive criticism would be appreciated

what do you guys think of this script I haven't tested it yet will be soon :-D the goal is to not waste time with people that have no interest at all. the survey is more of a buy in then anything. the questions are yes or no questions for the most part.

Hello Mr/Mrs X, This is NAME and I am with xyz. We will be in your time next week on x day morning and x day afternoon helping individuals such as you with various aspect of financial planning. In order to reach the people that actually do need our help we conduct a brief survey.

IF NO:

No: Would you be open to discussing what would help you be more comfortable with your financial roadmap?

YES: I'm sure you are busy and to ensure that our meeting is beneficial for you could you answer a couple of questions?

YES:

1. Are you suffering from financial losses as a result of the recent economic downturn?

• Too many bills or debt?
• Lack of savings or investments for retirement or kids’ college education?
• Not having enough protection in the case of disability, long term illness or even death?

3. Do you carry any significant financial responsibilities with growing children or aging parents?

4. Are you concerned about the future of your job career?

5. Do you feel that financial terms such as investments, insurance, debt, inflation, and tax are difficult to understand?

6. Do you think there is a large number of people in our country who struggle financially and need help to improve their financial situation?

8. Do you want to learn about how money works and how to build a stronger financial future?
mr/mrs x as i mentioned at the beginning my goal is to help individuals such as you with various aspect of financial planning
with that in mind is x day morning a good time for us to meet or yday afternoon a better time

What time are you in now? Are you in the Twilight Zone?:twitchy:

Seriously...too long.

That is a very long very vague script.

Some people may go ahead and answer a survey, but it's usually difficult to transition from survey to sales without having them feel tricked; not a great way to start a business relationship.

Generally cold calling with a specific need in purpose is going to help starting a dialogue vs something so vague.

Do you really expect them to give answers to requests for what many would consider very personal information to a stranger who calls them on the telephone? Would you give out that information about yourself and your family to anyone who asked for it? :skeptical:

Hello Mr/Mrs X, This is NAME and I am with xyz. We will be in your time next week on x day morning and x day afternoon helping individuals such as you with various aspect of financial planning. [why do I care about that?]

In order to reach the people that actually do need our help we conduct a brief survey. [Maybe I don't care for your help?]

[Uhhh.... if you haven't noticed, the market is back up and near recent highs again.]
IF NO:

No: Would you be open to discussing what would help you be more comfortable with your financial roadmap? [Even if I were, what benefit would you be able to offer me that I can't get with my current advisor or with anyone else?]

YES: I'm sure you are busy and to ensure that our meeting is beneficial for you could you answer a couple of questions? [How would this meeting be beneficial to me? You haven't listed a single benefit.]

YES:

1. Are you suffering from financial losses as a result of the recent economic downturn? [The market is back up again, silly.]

• Too many bills or debt? [Are you offering free money?]
• Lack of savings or investments for retirement or kids’ college education? [These are multiple subjects and should NOT be included in one single question.]
• Not having enough protection in the case of disability, long term illness or even death? [Sorry, but you are assuming that prospects even know what you're talking about.]

3. Do you carry any significant financial responsibilities with growing children or aging parents? [Why are you asking yes/no questions? I would definitely drop the word 'carry'. Sounds more like you're asking about guns.]

4. Are you concerned about the future of your job career? [Yes. What are YOU going to do about it? Are you hiring?]

5. Do you feel that financial terms such as investments, insurance, debt, inflation, and tax are difficult to understand? [Are you going to question the financial intelligence of your prospect, so you can give them a "financial education"? Who would want to admit this to you? And why are you saying this as Question #5???]

6. Do you think there is a large number of people in our country who struggle financially and need help to improve their financial situation? [What do the masses have to do with me?]

[Both; why are you making me choose?]

8. Do you want to learn about how money works and how to build a stronger financial future? [You don't think I know how money works???]

Your script is painful to read. It would also be painful to endure - both as the caller and as the person being called.

Either the person you called is interested... or they're not. You need to ask a good enough question, or make a compelling offer to get the person to admit that they have pain and are open to your help... or they're not.

People don't care about "financial planning". They want the BENEFITS as a result of planning ahead. Talk about those benefits... and not about "financial planning".

http://www.insurance-forums.net/for...-script-life-insurance-t53310.html#post695793

"Generally cold calling with a specific need in purpose is going to help starting a dialogue vs something so vague."

Thank you for the feedback josh. should i keep it to something like this?

Hello Mr/Mrs X, This is NAME and I am with xyz. We will be in your time next week on x day morning and x day afternoon helping individuals such as you with various aspect of financial planning. what i would like to do is set up a time that works best for us so that i can show you the type of work that i do. with that in mind what time works best for you xday morning or xday afternoon ?

moonlightandmargaritas i think everyone doing cold call are aware that it is a numbers game. But yes Thank you for reminding me of that... point well taken

----------

dhk THANK you for the in depth analysis. this has worked great with people that i did the survey with on the street and was able to get about 7 leads in about 1 hour and a half of doing this. they gave me their phone numbers and their addresses
but that approach the is well painful on the phone i guess

I have a whole site about telemarketing that got hacked, but should be back up soon.

I do have a video for Medicare (and a lot of it directly relates to any b2c calling), at Free Medicare Cold Calling Guide - YouTube.

The basic formula that works in both b2b and b2c most consistently in my experience is this:

"Hi, how are you doing today?"
"I'm glad/sorry to hear that. I'm calling you because....". If you can't finish the sentence I'm calling you because... then you need to revisit your value proposition.

It has been a few years since I've reviewed my scripts and I would actually love to get some testing out, especially if anyone is working a commodity product such as Medicare or P&C.

Hello Mr/Mrs X, This is NAME and I am with xyz. We will be in your time next week on x day morning and x day afternoon helping individuals such as you with various aspect of financial planning. what i would like to do is set up a time that works best for us so that i can show you the type of work that i do. with that in mind what time works best for you xday morning or xday afternoon ?
Shorter, but equally as brutal. Why would anybody want to meet with you? NO VALUE.

Back