Appointment Declined United Healthcare

Antigone

I was planning on being appointed by United Healthcare to sell their Medicare Advantage and Med Supp plans and got a letter today saying they could not approve my appointment.

I owe personal taxes to IRS and the state I live in, which I disclosed on the form to be appointed. They are currently in a do-not-collect status due to being unemployed. I had no problem getting appointment from Anthem Blue Cross last year.

Is it worth appealing this decision? I know my personal credit has suffered greatly from being unemployed over 2 years ago. I am hoping to get back on my feet going out on my own to sell Medicare plans and be able to meet my past obligations.

Can anyone suggest advice on the appeal process? Thank you in advance!

Ann

I don't think you'd win against UHC. I'd just sell other products.

I was planning on being appointed by United Healthcare to sell their Medicare Advantage and Med Supp plans and got a letter today saying they could not approve my appointment.

I owe personal taxes to IRS and the state I live in, which I disclosed on the form to be appointed. They are currently in a do-not-collect status due to being unemployed. I had no problem getting appointment from Anthem Blue Cross last year.

Is it worth appealing this decision? I know my personal credit has suffered greatly from being unemployed over 2 years ago. I am hoping to get back on my feet going out on my own to sell Medicare plans and be able to meet my past obligations.

Ann

Good luck. I ran into similar issues with personal business losses and they would not take me. If you have a good up line they might be able to pull strings if you can justify everything and have proof in writing. If not, you are done.

What would you appeal? If they have a policy that they don't appoint people who owe backtaxes, then there really isn't an appeal that you can make.

Just take heart in the fact that you aren't the only one that owes back anything.... many people do. It does make it much harder to get out on your own which makes it harder to get on your feet to correct the problem.

At least it seems you want to fix it, not ignore it.

Dan

Ann,

I say no worries. I have sold about 250 med supps over the past year and a helf. One was with UHC. The annual premium was over $3,400. My advance comm was $112.50. I have no reason to ever write policy number two. Many other much better carriers to work with. Good luck.

Ann,

I say no worries. I have sold about 250 med supps over the past year and a helf. One was with UHC. The annual premium was over $3,400. My advance comm was $112.50. I have no reason to ever write policy number two. Many other much better carriers to work with. Good luck.

I'm on my phone so I can't see if you two are in the same state but if you're not, UHC may be completely different as far as price and commission.

Sorry to hear about your troubles, what state are you in? You can seek to get appointment through a General Agent which is what I have done and still be able to earn cash advance and high commissions.

Ann

Appeal once, they will turn you down automatically, then appeal the second time and they will look at your file at that time. It is worth the effort as OEP is just weeks away. make sure you provide a written explanation of your current situation.

I had mine denied due to a state tax lien that has been "paid, satisfied and ordered cancelled from record."

I have filed the appeal and they are supposedly reviewing and I will hear within 10 days.

(By the way, I have been appointed with Cigna, Humana, Medica, Mutual of Omaha, Aetna/Coventry, and SilverScript....ONLY one giving my trouble is UHC.)

Back