Appointment "Scripts"....

TonyC

Guru
100+ Post Club
Ongoinng Scipts!

I am trying to focus on hitting the ball back with prospects on getting a face to face with prospects.

These are warms leads i'm working....so I want to hit this around and see what we can come up with.

PLEASE ADD YOUR own...at the end of the thread....

OBJECTION:
"Just send me a quote"
SALESPRO
"I can send you a quote...but you won't understand it. If you are serious about your health...we can sit down can go over the coverage that suits your needs. I'll be in your area on Tues afternoon...and Friday Mourning" which is best?

OBJECTION:
"I'm busy this week....send me a email"
SALESPRO
"I understand...listen Mr.Jones...the truth is...we are all busy. I suggest we meet for 15 mins...go over a few plans. I wouldn't waste my time with you if i didn't think i had something that you would like. I'll be in your area on Tues afternoon...and Friday Mourning" which is best?

PLEASE ADD YOUR own...thanks very much!

OBJECTION:
"Just send me a quote"
SALESPRO
"I can send you a quote...but you won't understand it. If you are serious about your health...we can sit down can go over the coverage that suits your needs. I'll be in your area on Tues afternoon...and Friday Mourning" which is best?

This is demeaning "...you won't understand it." The "I'll be in your area" sales ploy is used and worn out - old school tactics and it's a lie - a transparent lie.

"Just send me a quote."

"Sam, with 9 carriers in Maryland and each having around 6 plans I'm sure you don't want to have to sort through to 60 plans!"

OBJECTION:
"Just send me a quote"
SALESPRO

I am not a salespro, or trainer, but here is my take.

you won't understand it

That is confrontational. Soften it up a bit. Perhaps something like this.

How many plans would you like to see? I can illustrate over 3,000 plans just from the top 5 carriers. Most people would rather go through a root canal without anesthesia vs. looking at insurance plans.

I can probably help you find the right plan in 10 minutes or less, or you can spend weeks looking at plans and still be uncertain you picked the right plan.

OBJECTION:
SALESPRO
"I understand...listen Mr.Jones...the truth is...we are all busy. I suggest we meet for 15 mins...go over a few plans. I wouldn't waste my time with you if i didn't think i had something that you would like. I'll be in your area on Tues afternoon...and Friday Mourning" which is best?

I wouldn't waste my time with you

Good chance this is all the prospect hears and completely misses the last half of your comment.

BEFORE you set the appointment, there are some ground rules.

You need enough information from your prospect to have a detailed proposal. Just stopping by with your laptop and brochures is a waste of your time and his.

Be like a laser. Tell your prospect you need enough information so that you can give him a good overview rather than overwhelming him with 3,000 plans.

The first time I walked into Home Depot I was overwhelmed. I am not much of a handy man, but I do know which end of the hammer is useful.

Home Depot must have had 100 hammers.

I needed someone to not only point me in the right direction, but explain why one hammer was better than another for the particular work I was doing.

Before Home Depot I owned 1 hammer. Now I have at least half a dozen, each designed for a particular job.

Health insurance is the same way. eHealth is like Home Depot with over 100 plans. Which one is right for your client?

They have no idea, and neither do you until you establish rapport.

Try this . . .

I understand you are busy, and I would never want to waste your time sending out proposals that do not meet your need or budget. Let me ask a few questions, so I know exactly what to bring, and I can answer your questions on the spot.

I'll be in your area on Tues afternoon...and Friday Mourning" which is best?

This approach was taught years ago and was never, in my opinion, effective. It conveys the thought that you have lots of free time to wander around in their area.

You need to create an atmosphere that you are busy, your time is valuable and your services are in great demand.

A doctor would never tell you to stop by his office when you are in the area and he will see you.

An attorney would never tell you to pop in any time to discuss your murder indictment.

Why should you be any different?

Be firm. Let them know you have a window open and you will do your best to fit them in.

Better yet. Suggest they come to you.

I can't recall the last time I went to a client's home or business. I will sometimes meet them half way, in a coffee shop or (like the other day) in a Waffle House.

There is something to be said for a prospect who is willing to meet you half way.

Ongoinng Scipts!

OBJECTION:
"Just send me a quote"
SALESPRO

OBJECTION:
SALESPRO

PLEASE ADD YOUR own...thanks very much!

John's right, unintentionally insinuating that the client is an *** is never beneficial, it's confrontational.

A "sales pro" would never say a thing like that, would they?

Good:

Client: Just send me a quote:
Agent: Sure what for?
Client: Uh, insurance
Agent: Would you like accurate quotes?

see where I'm going with this?

Best:
Client: Just send me a quote.
Agent: Do you want a quote or would you like to know what you'll get for the money?

:cool:

Freebie for the day!

I'll be in your area on Tues afternoon...and Friday Mourning" which is best?

This approach was taught years ago and was never, in my opinion, effective. It conveys the thought that you have lots of free time to wander around in their area.

You need to create an atmosphere that you are busy, your time is valuable and your services are in great demand.

A doctor would never tell you to stop by his office when you are in the area and he will see you.

An attorney would never tell you to pop in any time to discuss your murder indictment.

Why should you be any different?

Be firm. Let them know you have a window open and you will do your best to fit them in.

Better yet. Suggest they come to you.

I can't recall the last time I went to a client's home or business. I will sometimes meet them half way, in a coffee shop or (like the other day) in a Waffle House.

There is something to be said for a prospect who is willing to meet you half way.

Good one, works well, old school, way to go Somarco.

"Just send me a quote."

The MoO local manager here teaches us to simply say "We've tried that. It doesn't work. What does your calendar look like on [Tuesday]?"

Often they "engage" (a good thing!) by asking "Why doesn't it work?" and you explain that there are choices, rules state a F2F must be done, and it is easier to get a grasp of the benefits by looking at the laptop and a ream of paper, that you will not make any sale the first visit... yada yada.

With MoO all clients MUST be seen face to face at least once, unlike health which can be done totally on the phone (I hope that changes with the cost of gas going to $5.) So if they won't see you now... they probably won't see you AFTER the quote... which they won't understand either.

If they won't make some time to sit down with you either there is no pain, or they are simply not serious and (we are told) you are best to move on (but send a hand-written "thank you" note (Cheap ones at Staples... not the online "Send Out Cards" service stuff every other agent uses) with a few personalized words and a couple of biz cards.

Personally, I don't think the above is carved in stone. You have to gauge the "tude" on the phone. I'll send a quote to a sophisticated guy or gal (usually a lawyer or CPA) who just wants term and knows what it is (as opposed to UL or WL) and expressly asks for it.

Al
Mutual of Omaha
Insurancesolutions123.com

Ongoinng Scipts!
OBJECTION:
"Just send me a quote"
SALESPRO
. I'll be in your area on Tues afternoon...and Friday Mourning" which is best?

OBJECTION:
SALESPRO I'll be in your area on Tues afternoon...and Friday Mourning" which is best?
MOURNING! Tony, who died? Try spelling it MORNING. That's much less maudlin!:eek:

Ok Teacher....Now...

...do you have anything of Value to Add???

:SLEEP:

Ongoinng Scipts!
OBJECTION:
"Just send me a quote"
SALESPRO
. I'll be in your area on Tues afternoon...and Friday Mourning" which is best?

OBJECTION:
SALESPRO I'll be in your area on Tues afternoon...and Friday Mourning" which is best?
MOURNING! Tony, who died? Try spelling it MORNING. That's much less maudlin!:eek:

Last edited:
Decent remarks...

Now....what do you say to get the appointment?

How about...'

"Sam....i'm sure you don't want to sort through 90 plans....my job is to help people make a decision based on experience and your needs. I can see you on Tuesday or Friday."

[quote="Sam, with 9 carriers in Maryland and each having around 6 plans I'm sure you don't want to have to sort through to 60 plans!"[/quote]

Back