Appointment Setters

Josh said:
Why?

At $50/guaranteed appointment it makes all the sense in the world for the company to provide quality appointments and there is enough fat in their for folks to make money.

If they were waiting with a check in hand, why bother selling them to agents? Why wouldn't they just get their own license?

More importantly, if the agent can make money off the $50 appointments, why does it matter how much the telemarketers are making?

Just because the appointment shows up doesn't mean it's a good appointment or a qualified buyer. What does it matter if the appointment is guaranteed if they keep sending you to places that are a waste of your time? Those type of appointments will cost you way more than $50.

As to them not getting their license and selling it themselves, that is a great question. If their appointments are that good and worth $50 then why aren't they keeping them to themselves? Ill tell you why. They can make more money off of churning and burning through agents buying the appointments.
I haven't found or heard of one single place that was good at setting appointments, whether they cost $10 or $50. Do you know of any?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
GreenSky said:
And you think you can actually close that kind of appointment?

Rick

For $50 an appointment I'm not leaving until they drag me out....

Last edited:
Just to make it clear, these are just appointment setters. So, the 50 bucks is in addition to the lead cost. So, we are talking about 75 bucks or so, just to get in the door.

Ok, thanks that was what I thought also. Sorry for the confusion. I obviously could have posed the question better. What would you consider to be a fair price?

Ok, thanks that was what I thought also. Sorry for the confusion. I obviously could have posed the question better. What would you consider to be a fair price?

That's fine, it was just a piece of the puzzle:

Them working off a cold list, $50 is at the high end and should be a quality appointment that knows why you're coming, but definitely worth it.

Them working off your leads, maybe $20?

I'm a huge believer in just hiring the right people and paying them hourly.

$5-$15 (max.) is a fair price if they're using lead cards that you had to supply them. Anything more than that, then you're just giving charity.

Hi all,

I went the cold list setter route for FE and most of the appointments were broke people who were just setting the appt to be nice. Then I bought direct mail mortgage life leads and worked them myself, but I hate the phone and dreaded the follow up because you have to call a dozen times or sometimes more to reach them. That's why I went with yourpersonalsetter.com. They were recommended to me by a friend with NY Life. I don't know where the $50 is coming from because I pay $35 and they work the leads hard for 90 days and guarantee the appointment, ask medical questions, etc. I was just saying that for ME this has proved the only method that actually works and I get way, way more off the leads than I did with the other methods I tried.

Back