Approval for DM pieces?

Jon Dough

Expert
The DM firms often mentioned on here...I find that they do NOT submit them to the state for approval. They apparently get to know the state regs REAL well and know what will and wont be an issue--and then agents use them

Feedback? If there is no issue with the piece, is the state even going to care? If there is an issue I believe the agent is held accountable?

Yes I get it, this is open ended.

I’m pretty sure it needs to say at the bottom that this isn’t a govt agency and an agent may contact you. And you can’t talk Plan specifics unless approved by the plan and cms.
So just make sure it follows that and you’re good to go. I’ve never had an issue. Just go out and sell

As to the other part of the question. Unless someone brings it to the DOI's attention, no they probably won't care, much less even know that you are doing it. But if they do care, then yes it will land squarely in the agent's lap.

Some companies will want you to submit it to them if you are going to use it to sell their product even if it does not mention them by name.. That is also a good way to protect yourself because if they think it does not comply with the state regs, they are going to tell you not to use it.. Their opinion might well be more cautions than the guy doing the DM as it has a direct effect on his wallet.

As to the other part of the question. Unless someone brings it to the DOI's attention, no they probably won't care, much less even know that you are doing it. But if they do care, then yes it will land squarely in the agent's lap.
Yes thats what I remember from MAPD training. But the piece appears to comply, the DM house has been at it a long time and knows the parameters. And as you say no one will ever mention it! And if so---15 years and never one complaint here so----Im not gonna sweat it

Some companies will want you to submit it to them if you are going to use it to sell their product even if it does not mention them by name.. That is also a good way to protect yourself because if they think it does not comply with the state regs, they are going to tell you not to use it.. Their opinion might well be more cautions than the guy doing the DM as it has a direct effect on his wallet.

That sounds like great advice but there isn't a chance in hell any company will approve a generic piece. Total waste of time and energy.

Rick

Back