Approval for T65 Mail Piece

YaWatever

Expert
I would like to create and print a 5" X 8" card to mail to T65 list

The question is--what can I say without requiring CMS approval which I will never get!

If I just mention "Supplements" and stay away from PDP and Advantage?

If I mention Medicare can I mention any other insurance product?

If you know---or can refer me to a link/site that I can read up-would appreciate it.

THANKS in advance

I would like to create and print a 5" X 8" card to mail to T65 list The question is--what can I say without requiring CMS approval which I will never get! If I just mention "Supplements" and stay away from PDP and Advantage? If I mention Medicare can I mention any other insurance product? If you know---or can refer me to a link/site that I can read up-would appreciate it. THANKS in advance
If it does not mention plan specific info no CMS approval required. Check Medicare Marketing Guidelines for guidance. Your state DOI likely has rules you'll want to follow.

I checked the CMS guidelines----it would take a whole team of lawyers to make that call

So I emailed State----will post the response. Though in the past they refuse to answer those kind of questions and tell you to contact Medicare--which is a dead end

Generic mailings do not require CMS approval and it's unlikely they would require state approval.

You can use the term "Medicare Plans" without being specific. You can even say you are an independent agent representing many highly rated companies offering Med Supps, MA and PDPs.

It's amazing how agents are running scared when it's completely legal and allowable to mail this kind of stuff. Just don't mention specific coverages or carriers and you're gold.

Rick

THANKS Rick--and yeah thats what I THOUGHT until I checked the CMS Guidelines. Any reasonable person would never try to tackle them. And the last thing I want is a CMS issue.

Will see what State DOI says

THANKS Rick--and yeah thats what I THOUGHT until I checked the CMS Guidelines. Any reasonable person would never try to tackle them. And the last thing I want is a CMS issue.

Will see what State DOI says

I doubt the DOI gives an answer. Ours won't answer that and will tell you to follow their ambiguous guidelines, and if you somehow interpret it different than them they will fine you. Even after giving no guidance.

I doubt the DOI gives an answer. Ours won't answer that and will tell you to follow their ambiguous guidelines, and if you somehow interpret it different than them they will fine you. Even after giving no guidance.

Back before Genworth bought American Continental, they had a children's life policy that I created a lead card almost Word for Word off their own brochure. I submitted it to their compliance people for approval and they said not to use it until They get back with me...

Well you know the rest of the story.

So the bottom line is to stop being a wuss and do the mailing.

You make nothing planning. You need to do. You also need to be. So, do-be do-be do.

Rick

I would like to create and print a 5" X 8" card to mail to T65 list The question is--what can I say without requiring CMS approval which I will never get! If I just mention "Supplements" and stay away from PDP and Advantage? If I mention Medicare can I mention any other insurance product? If you know---or can refer me to a link/site that I can read up-would appreciate it. THANKS in advance

Just make somethings and send it. If you get in "trouble" then modify it and send a different one.

Back