Approval for T65 Mail Piece

Just an FYI on compliance and approvals

An agent will never get CMS approval. All materials that are to be submitted to CMS for approval must go through the HPMS (Health Plan Management System) which is for carrier use only. So, if you want a piece approved, you will have to submit it to a carrier (MA or Part D) for approval.

You are allowed to mention Medicare Advantage and/or Part D if you are just saying what you are offering. The advertisement must be clear that they are contacting an agent and not Medicare or another government agency. Sample disclaimer:
"By returning this card, I understand a sales agent may contact me by telephone, email or mail to discuss Medicare Advantage and Prescription Drug plans, and Medicare Supplement Insurance Plans."

If you want someone to eyeball the piece and weigh it against the approval process, I would be happy to. Send it to [email protected] - Mind you this would still not be CMS approved, but I can give you my opinion.

WOW thanks. The advice to act like Christoper Walken in Apocalypse Now is not very helpful. Experience is though and I will email you

If you have access to the United Healthcare Agent Toolkit, they have 6 Generic Mailers that you can personalize (flyers and postcards). I'm not sure if they are T65 pieces, though.

Latest posts

Back