Are All Bankers Life & Casualty Agents ...

Re: Are All Bankers Life & Casualty Agents Liars?

Actually, Bankers Life has one of the best training programs I have seen. They hire desperate people??? They hire people that need to produce an income, just like every other agent out there. Don't get me wrong, there are a few select people that are greedy and will say anything to get a sale, but I have seen that from independent brokers and agents with other companies.

Personally, my license, my future, and my personal reputation mean too much to me to lie and commit "shady" practices just to get a sale. So, blanket statements like the person who started this discussion, "Are all Bankers agents liars", is just plain offensive.

Carnac The Magnificent is sitting across the table from me.
Just flipped over the card on his forehead.

It read "What does a new Banker's agent first post say?"

Actually, Bankers Life has one of the best training programs I have seen. They hire desperate people??? They hire people that need to produce an income, just like every other agent out there. Don't get me wrong, there are a few select people that are greedy and will say anything to get a sale, but I have seen that from independent brokers and agents with other companies.

Personally, my license, my future, and my personal reputation mean too much to me to lie and commit "shady" practices just to get a sale. So, blanket statements like the person who started this discussion, "Are all Bankers agents liars", is just plain offensive.

O.K pop quiz.You have just completed a presentation for plan F and you think things are going swimmingly between you and your prospect and you can already imagine how you are going to spend the 500.00 commission BL loads in to their policy cost and prospects ask you point blank.Why should I buy your plan F for 230.00 when I can buy the plan F from UHC for 179.00? These are real numbers for age 65 in Florida and I have yet to see a BL agent that didn't resort to dirty tactics to get the sale.What do you say to overcome this objection honestly?

O.K pop quiz.You have just completed a presentation for plan F and you think things are going swimmingly between you and your prospect and you can already imagine how you are going to spend the 500.00 commission BL loads in to their policy cost and prospects ask you point blank.Why should I buy your plan F for 230.00 when I can buy the plan F from UHC for 179.00? These are real numbers for age 65 in Florida and I have yet to see a BL agent that didn't resort to dirty tactics to get the sale.What do you say to overcome this objection honestly?

Great question would like to know the answer myself. They probably unload some BS like they pay claims faster than anyone else, rates never go up, etc

They may not all be crooks but all the bankers agents in my area have proven themselves to be just that, sadly.

Bankers products themselves are not horrible. There are plenty of companies with higher rates and many with lower. They have some of the highest commissions in the industry, just not paid to the agent. The low agent commissions are cause for the desperation, which leads many to questionable sales tactics, which the upper management look the other way.

Bankers products themselves are not horrible. There are plenty of companies with higher rates

Not being most the most horrible isn't the same as not being horrible.

I meet with more than a dozen T65 every week. Many have been door-knocked by Bankers agents. The stories they tell...

They have a solid LTC program, med sup renewals are usually single digit, competitive on fully underwritten wl, and competitive simplified fe for women.

Agents are going broke which causes them say and do things that give the industry a bad rap. They are struggling because underwriting is tight, comp is low, and leads are over promised under delivered.

Just ran into another bankers agent creating lies.

I sat with a client yesterday and when I talked to her about med supps she claimed she met with a bankers agent about a month ago. She claims the bankers agent told her that when looking at med supps sometimes you have to pay more $ to get great customer service and to have claims paid quickly. She also told me that he said Bcbs and AARP are the cheapest because they have the highest rate increases. As the plan gets more expensive, the healthy people leave and only the sick stay on, creating even more increases.

I showed her that UHC has had the cheapest premium in the last decade and rate increases around 0-3%. But I know he got in her head with the lies.

I'll stick with my originally theory that they are mostly all liars. Again, it's a joke really. I don't really feel that way...sort of

Last edited:
Just ran into another bankers agent creating lies.

I sat with a client yesterday and when I talked to her about med supps she claimed she met with a bankers agent about a month ago. She claims the bankers agent told her that when looking at med supps sometimes you have to pay more $ to get great customer service and to have claims paid quickly. She also told me that he said Bcbs and AARP are the cheapest because they have the highest rate increases. As the plan gets more expensive, the healthy people leave and only the sick stay on, creating even more increases.

I showed her that UHC has had the cheapest premium in the last decade and rate increases around 0-3%. But I know he got in her head with the lies.

I'll stick with my originally theory that they are mostly all liars

The agent may not be lieing. He may just be wrong.

Most Bankers agents are brand new and don't know anything beyond what someone else taught them to say.

The agent may not be lieing. He may just be wrong.

Most Bankers agents are brand new and don't know anything beyond what someone else taught them to say.

That's what I explained to her. That he was just told that info from his management. But, he was lied to from his manager. He might not be a liar but they are fed lies

That's what I explained to her. That he was just told that info from his management. But, he was lied to from his manager. He might not be a liar but they are fed lies

I have met some decent people who started with Bankers but they left after they figured out what was going on.

Back