Are licensed independent insurance agent required to have a physical agency location

Re: Are licensed independent insurance agent required to have a physical agency locat

What I am trying to figure out is if esurance can do it then why wouldn't others be able to follow suit.

I mean they offer insurance over the internet from several carriers and never see the car. They also offer it in 28 states currently.

esurance is their own company, they can do whatever they want. Several online companies do this. They sort it out later if there is a dispute.

Truth is, you can almost always tell if the damage was caused by the accident the person is saying caused it, but it requires more work, and causes lots of adjuster headaches. The online companies have accounted for this.

This is also part of the reason buying P&C insurance online is usually more expensive than buying it from an agent. Heck, if I want to clinch a deal, I let the person price e-surance when he's in my office (rarely do this, but it's fun every once in a while).

Most carriers that you can get appointed with will want inspections. After a while, you realize this isn't a big deal. There is enough business within a 5 mile radius of your office to keep you busy for a lifetime.

Dan

Re: Are licensed independent insurance agent required to have a physical agency locat

There is a lot of misinformation here on this site, but Ill tell you you can get the appts. And the rater has already been developed and can be had fairly inexpensivesly or expensively depending on whom you go thru. The tough part is gettting trafic to your site, and then second actually closing. Insurance.com is doing a decent job of it and now they are supplmenting their advertising with yellow page ads. They dont have as many companies as you mentioned but they have a few. A partener of mine and I have been toying with this for a couple of years, I think our biggest hold back is seeing the traffic to the site. Quote a bunch of companies, get the lowest rate, write it on line, in theory. In reality??? If you have ideas to drive the traffic, we got the appts, and the technology, let me know. We are here on the other side of the country so maybe we could simply divide the country in half and conquer it.!

It has been my experience that most P&C carriers require a office location.

If you have an office location, what P&C carriers are good to work with (assuming you are independent)?

If you have ideas to drive the traffic, we got the appts, and the technology, let me know.

Driving traffic can be easy, and FREE, if you use the organic traffic approach. Article marketing, blog marketing, and social marketing can shove your site to the first couple pages of Google, Yahoo, MSN, etc. Target the not-so-obvious search phrases and you can make the #1 spot on any of those search engines.

Re: Are licensed independent insurance agent required to have a p

Tiberion call me
541-420-3315 i don't have enuff posts to message you personally lol

Re: Are licensed independent insurance agent required to have a p

Don't hold your breath. The last post he made was over 2 years ago.

Rick

Not the sharpest knife in the drawer! :nah:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Tiberion call me
541-420-3315 i don't have enuff posts to message you personally lol

You can call him at 423-591-0830.

Last edited:
Back