Are Secure Horizons Benefits Out in Your Market?

wehotex

Guru
1000 Post Club
Houston, Tex
I heard from a Humana mb that received her ANOC for next year, but my SH mbs have not received anything yet.

Any news out there on what they are for 2012?

We will all be informed of the new information for 2012 when it is released to us on October 1st.
CMS rule.

We will all be informed of the new information for 2012 when it is released to us on October 1st.
CMS rule.

Oct 01 is only the first date where agents are allowed to discuss the benefits with the general public. It is not the date when the benefits are released to the agents. Two MAs here in SA have already divulged their complete benefits, while Humana has given us partial info, formal benefits to be presented on the 28th and 29th of this month.

Didn't they say that they were dropping the Secure Horizons name? Thought it was just going to be UHC now...could be wrong

Chazm...you are right! UHC is transitioning all their products to the United Healthcare name/logo, including Evercare.

Now is a good time to touch base with your clients and give them a heads up. Plus the usual side benefit of finding out what they are thinking for AEP.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I'm thinking there is another logic to that move. They tell us that CMS found it confusing and said clients complained about it.

I think their contract is up for bid in a few years and they want to establish their own BRANDING.

Last edited:
The UHC Nat'l Director for the SE just informed me that the ANOCs are due to be delivered to the members 9/30 but one of my agents already heard from a client about the increases. We are researching it. I've already rec'd the flyer about the changing of the names to UHC.

The UHC Nat'l Director for the SE just informed me that the ANOCs are due to be delivered to the members 9/30 but one of my agents already heard from a client about the increases. We are researching it. I've already rec'd the flyer about the changing of the names to UHC.

I received a call from an Evercare mb today who wants me to review his mail with him> It sounds like it's the ANOC the way that he described it. No other mbs had them yet.

SH and HUM ANOC's are out.

Not sure if any Service Area Reduction Letters are out.

I didn't know CMS had a rule that 2012 supplies can't be in our hands till October 1st.

Kinda makes agents hurry up and wait! This would explain why carriers are taking supply orders October 1st. After October 1st, it could take a week(s) for supplies to be in the agents hands. It makes it very hard to plan your marketing efforts with this restriction. One carrier claims I could download files Oct 1st and print them off -- nope! :no:

SH and HUM ANOC's are out.

Not sure if any Service Area Reduction Letters are out.

I didn't know CMS had a rule that 2012 supplies can't be in our hands till October 1st.

Kinda makes agents hurry up and wait! This would explain why carriers are taking supply orders October 1st. After October 1st, it could take a week(s) for supplies to be in the agents hands. It makes it very hard to plan your marketing efforts with this restriction. One carrier claims I could download files Oct 1st and print them off -- nope! :no:

I found a mb today that had the new 2012 benefits for MAPD here in San Antonio. The changes seem mild to me. They seem to have shifted some of the more commonly taken "pfd brand rx" to a new Tier 2 (non-pfd generics). These will mad avbl for a riduculously low $5 copay for 90-day supply thru Rx Solutions.

Back