Are There Any Faith-based Christian IMO/FMO's

Hello all,

I've been looking for a faith-based Christian IMO/FMO and don't seem to find any. I've also seen that there are several recruiters on here and I'm open to looking at others who put ethics above profits.

I am brand new to the industry and still trying to learn. I've just received my Life 1 license in Kansas. My background is in IT. However, I do have a high emotional intelligence and a true desire to help people find an insurance solution that best fits their needs.

Thank you in advance for any advise.

There are some out there. I don't know all of them, but of the ones I do know of I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole. When I entered into this business 20 years ago, one of the first things I started noticing is most of the IMO/FMO/GA/Agency/Agent that promote their business using religion are the very ones you can trust the least! I understand you might be true to it, but you won't be doing yourself any favors by trying to push it onto the whole world by promoting yourself as a God-fearing christian, even though you might be. Don't mix business and religion. You'll lose more business than you can imagine because of it.

I'm not religious, but I do try to live by the statement in my signature. You don't have to be religious to do the right thing. You just have to give a damn about your fellow human beings!

Anyone I have ever met in business who wanted to tell me about their religion was a snake. I would expect nothing less from an IMO/FMO who promoted their religion.

Ethics ABOVE profits?

a7e1c8c5dbadc0d649f8c11280a4d2e9.jpg

5c03841008716a6ff429598dd9612eb89cf27a77b26747728fc680fd0feeb1f1.jpg

All you need an IMO to do for you is to abide by the contracts they provided for you.

Now, if you were looking for a MARKETING angle... to work with churches and their congregations... that's a different question entirely.

I'm not looking to "work" anything. It is sad that some claim to be Christian or use it as a marketing tool, as suggested. I simply want to go where ethics are above profits and where no one is discouraging a person because of their Christian faith. Chick-fil-A does an outstanding job of opening their business to all, while abiding by Christian ethics and beliefs.

Mixing business and religion can be done if it is done right. It sounds to me like the entire industry is full of snakes. You can make a profit without using, working, or promoting Christianity. I simply want to promote myself as someone with the values a true Christian shows. But I don't want to be told to shut up if it ever is mentioned.

Just FYI, Joel Olsteen only claims to be a Christian. Anyone who has ever read the Bible with an open mind would agree. I would in no way associate with him. Everyone I know feels the same way.

Mr. King, I may be in touch. Thank you for your honest opinion.

It sounds to me like the entire industry is full of snakes.

That sounds like paranoia. There are a lot of inexperienced/poorly trained/incompetent agents, but to say the whole industry is full of snakes is more than a little extreme.

The truth of the matter is most people generally try to be fair with the people they do business with. More often than not it's ignorance/incompetence that screws customers over, not poor ethics. If you want to do right by your client make sure you really understand your products/companies.

I will say it again, and I know I am not alone on this forum.

Experience has taught me, anyone who feels the need to mention their religion when conducting business is someone not to be trusted. Generally the only reason it is brought up is to try and me make ignore all the shady, unethical and/or illegal behavior they are about to engage in.

Josh, I will accept that my statement was harsh. However, I see so many negative posts on responses on here, especially to new producers/agents, it makes me question it. Thank you for pointing that out to me.

VolAgent, please read my original post and my response to Todd King. It seems you have misunderstood it.

Josh, I will accept that my statement was harsh. However, I see so many negative posts on responses on here, especially to new producers/agents, it makes me question it. Thank you for pointing that out to me.

VolAgent, please read my original post and my response to Todd King. It seems you have misunderstood it.

Unless someone else wrote this:

Mixing business and religion can be done if it is done right. It sounds to me like the entire industry is full of snakes. You can make a profit without using, working, or promoting Christianity. I simply want to promote myself as someone with the values a true Christian shows. But I don't want to be told to shut up if it ever is mentioned.

Then nope, you are exactly the person I would avoid. The next ethical person I meet who brings up religion will be the first.

dosomething410,

Please look up the term Affinity Fraud and apply it to your specific faith denomination.

I'll give you some that relate to my faith:
Affinity Fraud

Affinity fraud continues to plague Utahns and Mormons | The Daily Universe

Ex-Mormon Bishop Charged in $20M Ponzi Scheme | Fox News

2 men using LDS church's name, identity of leaders, charged with fraud | KUTV

You can't say "I'm honest". You can't say "I'm ethical". If you have to SAY it, you have not built TRUST through your words and actions and it's a mark of desperation.

Do yourself a favor - DEMONSTRATE what it means to be an ethical Christian who looks after the needs of their clients. Don't TELL them... SHOW them.

Back