Are There Any Med Supp Co who Don't Crossover Part B Claims ?

Millwood

Guru
100+ Post Club
Didn't think there were any companies left that don't crossover Part B claims.
I know BLC didn't a couple years ago, they do now.

Had a lady tell me the other day United American agent said they charged an extra $7.00 a month for doing Part B automatic crossover claims .

Had a lady tell me the other day United American agent said they charged an extra $7.00 a month for doing Part B automatic crossover claims .

I'm really not sure if it's true anymore, but at one time that was true. Of course, you probably recall that UA did start the claims filing process that we have now, but since eeryone does it I don't know why UA would still charge. Then again, I never understood how they could sell anything new since they have been about the highest out there for years. (Not talking about their present HDF).

I'm really not sure if it's true anymore, but at one time that was true. Of course, you probably recall that UA did start the claims filing process that we have now, but since eeryone does it I don't know why UA would still charge. Then again, I never understood how they could sell anything new since they have been about the highest out there for years. (Not talking about their present HDF).

In the old days UA did auto claims filing at no charge to the policyholder.. In fact it was one of our selling points.. They also were competitive on premiums and paid great commissions......But, that was before they became a Torchmark Company.

In the old days UA did auto claims filing at no charge to the policyholder.. In fact it was one of our selling points.. They also were competitive on premiums and paid great commissions......But, that was before they became a Torchmark Company.

Thank you for the correction. You're correct. They didn't, then they did, and now? I haven't had to deal with them in a few years so I can't say for sure.

Prior to Standardization in 1992, UA, at one time, was the only med supp carrier with auto claims filing. They promoted the heck out of that fact.

There are a few around here that don't, mostly local companies. I've never heard of a company around here charging to do it though.

This was true as of a year ago when I sold an HDF. Once they paid the $6.95 there were no more issues with the crossover. Guess it still continues. They are the only company where I've experienced this.

Back