Are There Any Tx Medigaps that Cover Insulin Diabetics?

wehotex

Guru
1000 Post Club
Houston, Tex
I went out to a home on Friday and found that the Husband (70 years old, non-tobacco) was on the older Aetna Plan G and not the newer Continental Life. The difference in premium was a shocking $100/mo!! The problem is that he takes tradjenta and Humalog, plus some other high cholesterol, high blood pressure meds. Continental Life underwriting person told me that it would be DENIED. Of course, I know that it's probably unlikely to find him a cheaper Med Supp than what he has ($218/mo). CL was only $121.:no: I really want to help him if I can since they've been paying $750/mo in monthly COBRA for the wife who is T65 in June.

I went out to a home on Friday and found that the Husband (70 years old, non-tobacco) was on the older Aetna Plan G and not the newer Continental Life. The difference in premium was a shocking $100/mo!! The problem is that he takes tradjenta and Humalog, plus some other high cholesterol, high blood pressure meds. Continental Life underwriting person told me that it would be DENIED. Of course, I know that it's probably unlikely to find him a cheaper Med Supp than what he has ($218/mo). CL was only $121.:no: I really want to help him if I can since they've been paying $750/mo in monthly COBRA for the wife who is T65 in June.

If he's not taking more than 50 units a day and not taking more than 2 diabetic meds(including insulin) and not more than 2 HBP meds:

Plan G
Manhattan Life $116.00
Bankers Fidelity $143.55
ARLIC(Cigna) $146.02
Equitable $166.17

Plan F
CSI Life $142.33

It'll no doubt vary by Zip Code. These were for the Austin area.

If he's not taking more than 50 units a day and not taking more than 2 diabetic meds(including insulin) and not more than 2 HBP meds: Plan G Manhattan Life $116.00 Bankers Fidelity $143.55 ARLIC(Cigna) $146.02 Equitable $166.17 Plan F CSI Life $142.33 It'll no doubt vary by Zip Code. These were for the Austin area.

Wow! Thanks. Manhattan Life must kick azz out there!

Mutual has no limit on insulin daily units, but can not have any current or past heat issues, diabetes and BP must be in good control and no change in diabetes or BP in past two years. Can not have any common complications due to diabetes.

Mutual has no limit on insulin daily units, but can not have any current or past heat issues, diabetes and BP must be in good control and no change in diabetes or BP in past two years. Can not have any common complications due to diabetes.

Did this change? I know 2 years ago if someone took pill diabetes and even 1 blood pressure it was declined no matter what. And diabetes had to be pills no bloods whatsoever

Back