Are There No Regional Standard/midmarket Carriers in SC?

indienoise

Guru
100+ Post Club
Maybe I don't know how to look, but I don't really know of anyone using any...the regional market in the area seems to be targeting nonstandard. I realize the majority of the state falls in that category, but there's gotta be SOMETHING, right? The only kinda regional company I'm aware of is Harleysville, if you can even call them that anymore, but they're not currently appointing for personal lines here.

Does anyone from the Carolinas or Georgia know of any?

Maybe I don't know how to look, but I don't really know of anyone using any...the regional market in the area seems to be targeting nonstandard. I realize the majority of the state falls in that category, but there's gotta be SOMETHING, right? The only kinda regional company I'm aware of is Harleysville, if you can even call them that anymore, but they're not currently appointing for personal lines here.

Look up local indy's (both large & small) and see who they're appointed with. That should be public record on the dept of insurance website. Those will be the carriers that are most likely competitive in your area separate from the scum captives.

Auto Owners
Auto-Owners States

I know about Auto Owners, but wasn't really considering them. I was insured with them personally at one time. I guess a carrier with that kind of reach, subjectively you could consider them regional, or not. In my experience, Auto Owners is pretty comparable to the National guys. Nothing bad to say about them though.

Wouldn't hurt to contact them I guess, but definitely wouldn't give me any leg up over all the other independents in town.

Back