Are We Allowed to "cold Call" ACA Prospects?

wehotex

Guru
1000 Post Club
Houston, Tex
Myabe I'm reading too much into this letter that I recently received from Humana, but it states that GPA is "NOT authorized to do any of the following:
1) engage in sales activities of any type for On Exchange QHPs, incl telemarketing, "cold calling" or door-to-door solicitation; or

2) conduct any type of enrollment with prospective On Exchange QHP applicants; and...................

I had hoped that the ACA marketing would not be as restrictive as Medicare marketing, which has gotten really ridiculous in recent years.

Is this limited to Humana or is this an ACA rule?

CMS, if I am not mistaken, recently released guidelines very similar to medicare marketing guidelines for ACA. I bet it's on their website. I recall it saying things like we can't market for medicare and obamacare at the same event (ie a tabletop). It's not as bad as Medicare Guidelines but, it's real real close.

Any links?

The obvious next question would be since you can cold call for health insurance, is there any reason you couldn't say anything about ACA if they ask? Maybe you need a SOA? Let's all hope not.

Yes, any links? This would be interesting to see and if that is the case, it is even more reason to believe the feds want us out of this.

So we are not supposed to talk to people about Obamacare now unless asked first? Really? Come on.

I thought they wanted obamacare promoted.... what better than thousands of people calling individuals telling them about how they could qualify for it...

This is plain freaking stupid........

So I have to wear a button on my chest that reads "Obamacare Now Ask me How"? Yeah right ....sure I will...

This thing is going to fail without insurance agents pounding the pavement getting folks enrolled.

People are losing confidence in this with each passing day, if they don't get it together real quick the window in the minds of Americans will close.

Back