Are You Health Commissions Plummeting Yet?

Back in the day, 20-25% was normal.
In recent years, 5-10% was the rule.
Last year 2-4%!
This year (2017) 0% None! Gone!!!!! Sad!

In Washington State it finally got so bad that this year I'm charging broker fees of $99 per person (Max of $299 per family) plus what little commissions I'm paid...

It's going extremely well. Let me know if you want the details.

I'm also near Seattle in a wealthy suburb near Microsoft, so my situation might be a bit unique.

Don't try to do group insurance on your own with no guidance. Find someone else to mentor you (a good carrier rep may be able to guide). A lot more moving pieces.

I use to LOVE doing Individual Health Insurance, and working with the top carriers. This was my 7th year doing health insurance here in Florida, and this was by far for me the worst year yet. I mean all the years combined, just a total mess.

So many system issues, customers problems and complaints etc. Lowering commissions yet again. The worst part is, half way through open enrollment, I hear they changed the way we get paid. Long story short, basically as a commission only agent, went 5 months basically without pay (still ongoing). I will be trying something different going into next year, or combining other channels. :nah:

Back