Ark Royal Vs Universal Property and Casualty

Ark Royal is a subsidiary of ASI which in my opinion is one of the best homeowners companies out there. Universal is very strong financially. I would recommend going on to google and checking reviews on both companies. I would never bash a specific company but If I had to choose I would go Ark Royal, plus their rates are a little more competitive. Good Luck.

Agree with Fearsback. ASI (American Strategic) the Parent Company has an AM Best rating of A as of last August.
Univ Prop & Cas has a Demotech rating of A but does not carry an AM Bests rating.

Ark Royal is a subsidiary of ASI which in my opinion is one of the best homeowners companies out there. Universal is very strong financially. I would recommend going on to google and checking reviews on both companies. I would never bash a specific company but If I had to choose I would go Ark Royal, plus their rates are a little more competitive. Good Luck.

A friend has a quote with Ark for $700 more than what I'm quoting with Universal. His Ark quote has no O&L on a 1977 built home and a $5000 AOP deductible. I'm $700 cheaper with a $2500 deductible and 25% O&L. Would you still go with Ark if you were him?

A friend has a quote with Ark for $700 more than what I'm quoting with Universal. His Ark quote has no O&L on a 1977 built home and a $5000 AOP deductible. I'm $700 cheaper with a $2500 deductible and 25% O&L. Would you still go with Ark if you were him?

No O&L on a 1977 is not a great idea in my opinion. I agree that overall Ark Royal is better carrier and many opinions good, bad and indifferent have been out there about UPCIC. This is a decision that you as and agent have to make after explaining all the pros and cons of each scenario.

Good luck

I keep hearing more and more bad stuff about universal. I have had clients get cancelled for no reason and I didn't even get notice. I may continue to move away from them.

Back