ARRESTS. NO CONVICTION. WILL I BE DENIED?

Tortolini

Hello everyone, I'm hoping someone can answer my question. I have passed state exam for my 2-15 license. I've been recruited to work for PMA representing Washington National. I have completed fingerprinting, paid all fess etc. My profile is saying my fingerprints are being reviewed. I was married to a man for a few years that I can had issues with concerning domestic violence. I have pressed charges on him twice and he's been convicted. In one of these past issues I was arrested in 2014 for Assault w/ a Deadly Weapon (felony). The judge threw the case out because due to conflicting statements and his history I was defending myself. It never went to court and was dismissed never made a plea etc. On the myfloridacfo.com website it only states that convictions are factors for disqualification. I would just like reassurance that this is something that will be overlooked.

Have you heard back on this yet? I haven't heard of any problems in Florida as long as there was no plea. If it was actually thrown out you should be fine. Some people fall into "adjudication withheld" status which means they've admitted guilt but the court withheld the guilty verdict. When it comes to insurance, though, they view this the same as a conviction. If the judge dismissed the charges and the case was closed WITHOUT your plea of No Contest or Guilty, you should be fine.

Back