Article: The Worst of Times for Health Insurance Sales?

it is going to be like auto insurance, if everyone has to get it...some will make money by accident. but most likely they will strike down, the part about, everyone has to have it. but they will keep the commission rates low. just my opinion,

So, everyone's going to have health insurance and insurance companies have to insure anyone regardless of their pre-existing conditions, and the kicker that I find scary is that the insurance companies can not charge those with pre-existing conditions more than those that are healthiest? How much more are the insurance companies going to have to charge the healthy so as to be able to cover those that do not exercise, are morbidly obese and do a terrible job taking care of themselves?

Another example of where BIG BROTHER is going to force those that have taken responsibility for taking care of themselves to pay the freight for the lazy amongst us.

Personally, I think it is going to drive the insurance companies to increase the spread difference on premiums between the high deductible plans and the low deductible plans. The high deductible plans will be for the healthy and the low deductible will be for those with health problems, but the low deductible plan rates will be MUCH higher than they are now. How else will the insurance companies be able to properly sign risk?

Sd...youve got another thing coming if you think the high deductible plans for the healthy are going to be a bargain...think again..

Back