As Democrats Talk Single Payer, Private Medicare Advantage Soars

Northeast Agent

Guru
1000 Post Club
Pennsylvania
As Democrats Talk Single Payer, Private Medicare Advantage Soars

Anthem’s Medicare Advantage enrollment jumped by 35% to more than 1 million at the end of 2018 compared to 746,000 in the fourth quarter of 2017, the operator of Blue Cross and Blue Shield plans reported last week.

Meanwhile, Cigna reported Friday that its Medicare Advantage enrollment was up one percent to 436,000 from 432,000 and UnitedHealth Group ended 2018 with 4.9 million Medicare Advantage enrollees, which was up nearly 12% from 4.4 million at the end of 2017. Other insurers including Aetna, which is now part of CVS Health, are expected to report higher Medicare Advantage enrollment later this month after these plans expanded into new markets.

L.E.K. has projected Medicare Advantage enrollment will rise to 38 million, or 50% market penetration by the end of 2025.

As seniors flock to Medicare Advantage, analysts say it’s going to make it difficult for Democrats on the presidential campaign trail to support a Medicare for All approach that would bring an end to the private insurer’s role.

I’ve always found that to be interesting. People want government issued single payer. But then when they get to the age where they can have it they opt out and go back to privatized “for profit” health insurance companies.

I’ve always found that to be interesting. People want government issued single payer. But then when they get to the age where they can have it they opt out and go back to privatized “for profit” health insurance companies.
Medicare for all. Triple the National Debt, double your taxes to try and pay for it, and you'll still need a Med Supp. I'll have a lot more prospects. :yes:

We need more people like AOC running the country into the ground. :fibs:

Not that I agree with it, but MAPD is the future of healthcare in this country. We medicare agents are positioned perfectly to make a fortune when (not if) it becomes a reality.

Not if they hire salaried “navigators” again and limit commissions to 5% or less.

Can’t say it hasn’t happened before.

Yep, the female Libs are talking about actually putting an end to private health insurance companies. What bitches!!!:mad::realmad:
end to private insurance companies will never happen in the US, they wield way too much power in DC

Medicare for all may happen, but it will look a lot like Medicare/Medicare Disability looks now, but for everyone.

Back