Ask A Telemarketer

mfancher

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I am a commercial lines cold calling expert, I have made thousands of dials set tons of appointments and gathered countless X-Dates. If you check my post I am very willing to help out and now i am starting this thread. Just ask, my information is FREE and I follow the forum rules. I really want to contribute so let me know your questions and I will try to help.:idea:

I am a commercial lines cold calling expert, I have made thousands of dials set tons of appointments and gathered countless X-Dates. If you check my post I am very willing to help out and now i am starting this thread. Just ask, my information is FREE and I follow the forum rules. I really want to contribute so let me know your questions and I will try to help.:idea:
What's the most effective script that you use and how many appointments do you usually set per hour with it?

Thanks!

First of all you MUST name brand in the script as much as possible. Use one sentence that will get there attention like "are you familiar with the ABC agency", this will create an interest and then you can build a value in your agency. Don't ask for an appointment give them a choice or choice situation. Most of all a script is an outline of what to say just keep it simple have a conversation ask questions. The best script is the one an agent has a hand in writing there is not just one magic script but if some one writes one for you "which should be FREE with any service" make sure you get final approval. A script is simple just give them facts that benefit them. The numbers are a different for each company because of the variables, but you should get 1 solid appointment for every 4 hours of calling and at least 1 x-date an hour. When I say solid they give you all of their info. carriers, renewal date, employee counts, e-mail, current broker,and a confirmed date and time as well as a good address for the appointment, and agree to have the Dec pages and payroll ready at the meeting. I hope this will help.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quote "you have to hear the no's to get to the yes" don't take it personal and if some one is N/I just set them up for a call in 90 days and try again. If they say no again set them out for 180 days and try again persistence pays off. Treat evry call as if it's the first call of the day.:GEEK:

Last edited:
The gate keeper is your friend they can if persuaded get you to the DM. Ask for their help it is nature to want to help. Use their first name "if given" have a conversation with them and ask them questions. Make sure you leave your name even if you don't leave a message the more you call the more they will be use to hearing it.

if you want to help.......why dont you just post your scripts?

When I am contracted to an agent those belong to the agent when they leave my firm they also get to take their scripts. This weekend I will put together a general script for you all to take a look at and are welcome to use that in any way. I just can't put a clients script on here and the way we write it I would have to cut so much out to protect them it would not make sense but I will help out and post something.

Oh and yes it will be what I think is an effective script ounce it is customized the the specific agency.

Last edited:
Seems like sound advice mfancher
Thanks for the tips are you a sole prop? Owner of the business? Have bi lingual telemarketers?

I know your a telemarketer but would you agree that an in house telemarketer usually allows for more control and better lead wuality than hitin an outside source?

I guess telemarketers have the bad stigma as insurance agents do. There are so many of them that its tough to find a good one you can trust.

I know from the get go of my agency opening i want to coldcall commercial for appointments. Not sure how i will accomplish this just yet.

Last edited:
Seems like sound advice mfancher
Thanks for the tips are you a sole prop? Owner of the business? Have bi lingual telemarketers?

I know your a telemarketer but would you agree that an in house telemarketer usually allows for more control and better lead wuality than hitin an outside source?

I guess telemarketers have the bad stigma as insurance agents do. There are so many of them that its tough to find a good one you can trust.

I know from the get go of my agency opening i want to coldcall commercial for appointments. Not sure how i will accomplish this just yet.
I agree if you have the money for the overhead and train an in-house properly they are more effective to a point. At sometime though it becomes more cost effective to sub-contract out those services due to labor cost and training expenses, but right off if you find a good marketer you will be successful. I work for a firm, I am not the owner. I will help you in any way I can just ask, I will work on a script this week to post that will help everyone get started.
Here is a script I hope it will help.

Script

Hello may I speak with _______________. Hi _______________. This is __________and I am calling on behalf of ABC Insurance, we are We specialize in working with the _________ industry in helping them to reduce their insurance rates.

We’d like to come out and meet with you to offer you a free review of your policies to show you how we can provide you with comprehensive insurance at a competitive rate, there is absolutely no cost or obligation for this meeting, of course. Is (DAY) or (DAY) better for you? Is (TIME) or (TIME) better for you?

So that we are better prepared when we meet, do you mind telling me…..

1. What month do you typically renew your p&c and w/c? Is that for both policies? And who is your current carrier? Is that the same for both? And what agency are you with for the insurance?

2. Just to get a quick idea of the size of the business, how many employees do you have? And is this your only location?

3. Mr./Ms. , just to confirm, you are the person who makes the insurance decisions for your business correct? What is your position there? I have you at…(Confirm address).

(If appt) Great! __________ My Associate, “Your Name” from ABC Insurance will see you on (DAY), (DATE) at (TIME). Should you have any questions in the meantime, you can contact him at 555-555-5555.
:GEEK:

Last edited:
Never offer the company your are with until you have to and when asked to leave a message just state you will be out the rest of the day and will try again at a better time. Listen to all VM sometimes they give good information.:idea:

I truly don't know why no one has stepped up in the last 20 years and put together a telemarketing company for p&c . the need is there and it seem like its just a matter of getting in bed with 20-30 agencies, this should be a win win , what am I missing here?

Back