Asking for Help from Seasoned Vets

MadeMan71118

My dilemma is this:

I've been in FE for 2 years or so and am doing a (reasonably) well, but, candidly, don't enjoy the endless miles, the clientele (the main obstacle to sales that I get is no bank account----something I know has been discussed ad nauseam on this forum), etc. I do not enjoy having to deal mostly with folk that in my previous indusry I wouldn't have given the time of day to. That's not being pompous, its being factual. I do not not envoy my retirement being predicated on the pay histories of folks who struggle so terribly just to make ends meet.

My persistency rates are at 90% first month, and 88% 7th month, and posting those figures reveals to most who my main contract is with......please, we can disagree on that carrier (as I know most of you all hate them), but if you want to use that as an open to bash them, then I'd prefer (respectfully) that you just keep those negative comments in your pocket.

Enough said about where I am and what I find distasteful, what I am looking for is this:

A recruiter from my previous industry who knows me and my reputation in business has approached me about selling Health insurance. His methodology is that he does it all by phone/internet/web conference, buying from multiple lead sources, mainly live transfers....never leaves the house, doesn't have to visit clients, etc. Says he also is willing to pay per application, furnish leads, etc, though he is backpedaling somewhat from that....but he has me curious.

I'd like feedback/recommendations from you all about who to approach about selling Health in manners similar to just described.

Is it doable?

Are expectations too high? (he says he's making $100k per year....even if he is exaggerating I know from independent sources he's doing at least well, if not spectacularly well)

Who to contract with?

Who to buys leads from? (I have an idea already....Allweb...are they reliable?)

Pitfalls

Anything else pertinent.

Useful comments appreciated.

I don't know if I am quite a seasoned vet yet, but I would do a sit in while is he working his health leads. That will give you an opportunity to see first hand how well he is doing, verify lead costs, average premium sold, etc, and estimate the potential there.

If that doesn't turn out, the difference between Final Expense customers, and "life insurance" customers, isn't is far off as you might think.

Back