Asking for MedSupp Referrals

So I just saved a couple $1200 on their med supps, when and how do I ask for referrals?

When you finish the paperwork, ask them who they know that would appreciate a review and leave a few business cards. The office supply stores sell a magnet shaped like a house. On the top it says "I love referrals" and you can stick your card to it. Put it on their fridge with their permission as it is an important card. Make them believe it.

The biggest mistake I see agents make has nothing to do with when they ask, it's how they ask. So many agents will ask, "Do you know anyone that....".

Of course they know someone!!

The problem with the question is that you have just given them the whole world to think about and they can't think of anyone.

Find out during your visit with them what they are into and let that help you narrow it down for them. For instance; Ms. Smith, do you know anybody in your walking club that might could use my help just like I've helped you? Do you know anyone in your church that could use some extra money each month, just like I found for you? Who is your best friend? Do you think they would like to save some money? Etc.

When you help them narrow down that field, it's much easier for them to think of someone.

I don't believe that referrals are given, they are earned by providing quality service. I never ask for referrals when I make the sale, however, some times my new client will ask me to contact a friend or relative.

I communicate with my clients through snail mail, birthday letters, anniversary letters, news letters, etc. At the bottom of each communication I put a PS, "If you know anyone I can help with their insurance needs I would appreciate you giving them my phone number".

Just that one short statement brings me a substantial number of referrals.

Back