Asset Protectors & Advisors Group(AP&AG)....anybody have any info on this company???

Re: Asset Protectors & Advisors Group(AP&AG)....anybody have any

r u kidding me run as fast as you can

I'm guessing that they are also pushing the system known as "infinite banking," where a client dumps tons of money into a life insurance policy instead of an IRA, SIMPLE, 401k or any other tax deferred plan. Yes you can make that kind of money off infinite banking but not over night.

It's not easy selling people the concept of instead of paying 100 a month for a term life lets instead pay 1200 a month and don't fund your retirement account, here's why :

When you retire tax deferred money becomes taxable, normally at a higher rate then it would be if you had already paid taxes on it upfront. Why? (This is mostly used for business owners) Because when your working you have business expenses to offset your income. Your mortgage, business rent, car payments, supplies, advertising, mileage, licensing, and any other business related expenses or personal expenses you can throw in there.

When you retire most people would like there car and mortgage paid off, that kills those deductions, there are no more business related expenses since your mostly or fully retired. That money you socked away into a DB (defined benefit) has now grown. Lets say, this is average here in San Diego, you sock away 1mil into your DB that 1mil over the years has had a steady growth from stocks, bonds, mutual, etc etc. When you take that money out of that DB it is now taxable income as we all know.

Normally someone will take out about 50k a year, for anywhere but Cali that would be a lot. So you now have 50k worth of taxable income. State tax on that is 10%, federal is 1.7k + 15% of anything over 17k. That equals about 11,6500 in taxes each year. That frankly sucks...

1/5 of your hard earned money every year is sucked away by the government.

So lets back it up, lets say that 1mil had been put as cash into a Whole Life policy with some company earning some interest rates. Obviously I would not recommend doing this with everything as there is little growth, but since the money is pretaxed and can be used as tax free income its kinda cool.

Make sure the whole life has a policy loan rider on it, a loan costs about 0.5% at 50,000 a year that's $250 a year in loan cost but a lot better then nearly 11.5k in taxes.

Also with life it passes on tax free, with a tax deferred plan you get screwed. Its considered taxable income to whomever revives it. Normally between the feds and state your lucky if half of it is left.

So back to main point, can you make 17k on commission if you write a policy like that, yes. Will you honestly make millions off it, no. Not unless your working with every CPA in your area and its packed with people looking for retirement planning. I work the San Diego, La Jolla area which are relatively rich area's. I network with plenty of CPA's whom understand this concept, but in honesty these types of policies are not selling right and left. Not because the client doesn't think its an interesting idea but mostly for the fact that how many truly want to pay 1200 a month in premiums with little return.

Originally Posted by sfs
r u kidding me run as fast as you can

I would like to kick you right upside your friggin head

did I miss something??

user_online.gif

I know I am late in replying to this thread, but I have been working with APA for about 6 months now and have found that they are exceptionally well informed and have provided training WELL above and beyond that which I had received from my previous plethora of FMO's.

The software that they have really simplifies the number crunching/projecting/planning and the reports that it generates are PHENOMENAL! Unlike anything I have seen offered anywhere else.

Just like any sales based position, they won't hand you a million dollars with a bow, but they have gone ABOVE AND BEYOND to provide me the tools and education in order to vastly improve my personal ability to help find the right solutions for clients in every walk of life.

The holistic approach that they preach, coupled with the aforementioned additional benefits they provide, have dramatically improved both my income AND the appreciation level displayed by my clients ...simultaneously. Can you say win-win?

I highly, highly recommend APA.

AP&A is a decent group. A good friend of mine does alot of annuity business with them. They focus on Annuities and IUL. They do have some nice software, and they have some nice seminar options also. Like any other group, they have their pro's and con's...but overall, I have nothing bad to say about them.

Re: Asset Protectors & Advisors Group(AP&AG)....anyb ody have any info on this company???

I am interested in getting more of your thoughts on The Shield and the Control calculators. I have been looking at this software for a while now but can not find anyone with direct experience outside of the sales guy. Please feel free to reply to me directly.

Back